The story of CarPal starts with Mr. Maarten Hemmes, our Founder/CEO. An innovator and entrepreneur at heart, Maarten launched his first startup in legal technology at the tender age of 22 in the Netherlands. Maarten also has over 10 years of software development experience through his own IT company serving clients in Europe, U.S. and South East Asia. Inspired by the uberization of services and recognising the rising demand in last-mile logistics in South East Asia, Maarten launched CarPal in July 2014.
CarPal is transforming the way local goods move around in cities by enabling anyone to get any product delivered within an hour. Through our revolutionary urban logistics & on-demand delivery platform, businesses and consumers can connect real-time with local couriers, who deliver goods or run errands on their behalves anywhere in a city.
Since launch, CarPal was met with immediate success and exponential growth. CarPal is currently serving more than thousands of businesses across different industries and consumers in Singapore, and actively expanding on a regional and global scale.
CarPal strives to become the on-demand supply chain infrastructure for every major city in the world.
- Diversity: CarPal embraces people of all nationalities and backgrounds; we do not discriminate!
- Teamwork: At CarPal, everyone is a part of the team, and everyone works as a team. We believe that, by collaborating together, we can achieve greater things.
- Innovative Thinking: CarPal is all about innovation...creativity and out-of-the-box ideas are highly valued and appreciated!
- Integrity: Honestly is an important personality trait we value greatly. In order for all of us to work closely on a daily basis, we need to be able to trust one another.
- Excellence: CarPal aims high! Being good is not enough, we want to be the best, and all of us work hard to achieve our goals.
- Fun: CarPal is not just about work, it's also about having fun with your bosses and colleagues! #workhardplayhard
- Prime Location: Office located at the heart of CBD area with plenty of restaurants, bars, gyms, banks and malls within walking distance.
- Multiple Modes of Transportation: A short 5-min walk to Tanjong Pagar station with many bus stops around our building, the closest one located directly at the building entrance.
- Spacious Office with a View: Located at the top floor (28th floor) of Hub Synergy Point building with ample sunlight, full amenities, stocked pantry corner, and a great view of the port, bay and sea.
- Diverse Team: Diversity is one of our key corporate values and we do not discriminate.
- Fun Start-Up Environment: We share the floor with some exciting startups. Block parties, wine tastings, sports tournaments and other fun activities are organized on a regular basis.