About Rocket Internet and Vendito
Rocket is the world’s largest internet platform outside of China and the United States. We identify and build proven internet business models and transfer them to new, underserved or untapped markets where we seek to scale them into market leading online companies. We are focused on online business models that satisfy basic consumer needs across three sectors: e-commerce, marketplaces and financial technology. Our company was founded in 2007 and now has more than 20,000 employees across its network of companies, which operate in more than 100 countries on five continents.
Rocket Internet has launched a new online classifieds platform, Vendito, where people can buy and sell almost anything in their cities. After a successful start in Myanmar, Rocket continues launching online classifieds websites under the Vendito umbrella (Vendito.com) in Ivory Coast, Cameroun, Senegal, Uganda, Tanzania and Madagascar. Vendito became a major player in the classifieds landscape and further countries are to be launched. Ads.com.mm has become the biggest online classifieds platform in Myanmar with well over 2 million unique users and is listed among the 50 most visited websites in the country.
We are currently looking for a business development intern to support a dynamic and highly motivated team in our classifieds venture in Myanmar. You work directly with the founding teams which you support in interdisciplinary issues such as Business Intelligence, Finance, Sales, Marketing, PR and HR. Your 360 ° view enables you to develop strategic, conceptual and operational solutions. Besides, you plan and support the implementation of projects, including the development of our product, organize events and optimize processes. The preparation and analysis of performance reports and ad-hoc analysis for the management and investors are part of your responsibilities as well.
- Excellent performance in academic and/or professional career
- Strong interest in internet start-ups
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical skills and hands-on mentality (this is a roll up your sleeves job!)
- Excellent English language skills
- Just graduated or almost finished a Bachelor and or Master degree
- Any degree/experience in finance/accounting is a major plus
- Very strong extracurricular activities
- Starting date 15/12/2016 (earlier or later eventually also possible)
- 6 months internship with an awesome team in Yangon/Myanmar
- Good remuneration package + housing allowance
- A true entrepreneurial experience: you have the opportunity of participating in building the “Craigslist”, “Leboncoin”, “Gumtree” of Myanmar
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing business
- Ability to take on responsibility and influence from the outset
- Challenging tasks and room for individual ideas
Total applicants :20 Job posted 7 months ago Total Views : 464 Unique Views : 464