Launched in 2014, Shopback has grown to be Southeast Asia’s largest and fastest growing online loyalty platform. We provide a trusted platform on which a growing community of shoppers are discovering and earning cashback rebates on their purchases from over 1000 merchants, including Taobao, Lazada, Zalora, Groupon, and Expedia.
We are a focused team with great ambitions – together, we’re constantly tackling challenges across all departments in our quest to create the most elegant platform for people to shop smarter, faster, and cheaper online. When you join ShopBack, you enter a community of diverse, passionate & highly motivated team members connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technologies. You’ll discover the world where employees enjoy constant career advancement & a supportive learning environment.
What we are looking for:
- Able to architect systems that can horizontally scale to millions of users. Also suggest how to improve the existing architecture
- Able to coordinate with the engineering team to define and prioritise projects
- To have solid analytical skills and to effectively handle multiple aspects of a complex project and ensure all deadlines are met
- Write great and testable code, innovate, lead, and contribute to ShopBack engineering
- Work with multiple country teams & departments and adjust rapidly changing priorities
- You will have a strong technical aptitude with the ability to rapidly learn new technologies and take advantage of new concepts
- To solve technical issues with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Provide mentorship to other highly skilled engineers
- 10+ years of experience in large systems software design and web development. With at least 5 years Java/Scala experience or a polyglot engineer (Java, Scala, Python etc)
- Experience on different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) and NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
- Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimization
- Strong background or familiarity on Reusable components and templates, customization of pipelines and events, Personalization & Sitecore search like Elasticsearch