ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide Cashback (or rebates) to over 2 million users and are focused on growing aggressively & dominating the landscape.
With a close-knit team of 100 across 5 markets, our team comprises management and experts from top companies such as Mckinsey & Co, Credit Suisse, Lazada, Zalora, Groupon and SingPost eCommerce. We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field!
Looking to expand our A-Team for exciting times ahead!
Check out: careers.shopback.com to know more about us!
What we are looking for:
- Able to architect systems that can horizontally scale to millions of users and suggest improvements to existing architectures
- Able to coordinate with the engineering team to define and prioritise projects
- To have solid analytical skills and to effectively handle multiple aspects of a complex project and ensure all deadlines are met
- Write great and testable code, innovate, lead, and contribute to ShopBack engineering
- Work with multiple country teams & departments and adjust rapidly changing priorities
- You will have a strong technical aptitude with the ability to rapidly learn new technologies and take advantage of new concepts
- Ability to solve technical issues with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provide mentorship to other highly skilled engineers
- 10+ years of experience in large systems software design and web development. With at least 5 years Java/Scala experience or a polyglot engineer (Java, Scala, Python etc)
- Experience on different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) and NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
- Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimisation
- Strong background or familiarity on Reusable components and templates, customization of pipelines and events, Personalization & Sitecore search like Elasticsearch