IMPACT TERRA is a fast growing start up technology company. We at IMPACT TERRA develop and implement mobile solutions for farmers, agribusinesses and other agricultural stakeholders. Our mission is to improve the livelihoods of rural population and improve food security and safety.
We use smartphones and our proprietary mobile app platform to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar is leapfrogging from no to full connectivity and 100% smartphone use, we believe we can have an incredible positive impact on the lives of millions of people. We work with NGOs, CSOs and other parties to provide users with the information they need.
Our Golden Paddy platform (“Shwe Thee Nhan”) provides users with an easy-to-use visual interface and real-time and targeted content such as weather forecast, input product prices, crop market prices, product information, farming best practices, news, risk announcements, financing and more.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, social and technically strong Ruby on Rails developer. As RoR developer you will be responsible on continuous optimization of our in-house system platform. Therefore, you will work closely with our product team and Impact Terra’s management. You are required to pick up new skills if necessary, commit to project deadlines and able to work in tight schedule.
- Improve our CMS
- Update existing APIs and develop new APIs for
- single/multiple page web based application & dashboards
- android applications as well as management tools
- Further develop our system platform
- Improve the stability and security of the platform
- Define, develop and deploy the latest technologies for enhancing the performance of our platform
Technical skills and experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on rails
- Excellent API development knowledge: creating and consuming
- Memcache or any similar caching experience
- Optimization of response time for each API
- Experience in controlling user sessions
- Experience in building admin panels
- Experience in handling background workers and jobs
- Preferred: Good knowledge of server technologies such as Heroku and AWS
- Strong Postgres Database knowledge
- Experience in caching
- Experience with REST and JSON; XML and SOAP knowledge is a bonus
- Previous experience of code management and versioning
- Previous experience in building a strong system architecture
- Preferred Excellent English proficiency
- Able to develop and self-manage given tasks
- Highly motivated to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize deliverables in order to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Initiative and solution focused
- Able to view the system from users’ point of view
Why join us?
- We help improve the lives of millions in Myanmar!
- We develop a platform that does not exist anywhere in the world – this is your chance to build something unique!
- You will grow with our venture and learn at a very fast pace
- We promote our people based on performance and increase responsibilities and compensation regularly
- We offer trainings and work outside Myanmar for excellent staff