We are a web application called Piktochart based in Penang with over 5 million users. We have been in Silicon Valley as part of the learning trip, won "Best Startup Award" in MSC Apicta 2012, received numerous press mentions (Forbes,Techcrunch, AlJazeera), and the team consists of talented web developers and designers who form a small happy family.
What does Piktochart do?
Piktochart helps users to create stories from data. This means that someone who does not know how to design newsletters, presentations can now be empowered to create these communication materials on their own.
We are hiring and expanding our team. Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing startups in the region? Apply now!
Piktochart team is looking for a talented user experience designer who is eager to explore many different approaches to solving user problem. By ensuring that the product logically flows from one step to the next, you have a knack to bring the product usability to its best. To do that, you will need relentless testing, researching and learning. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and innovative development environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction.
- This is what you will work on a day to day basis:
- Conceptualizes, designs and assists with implementing highly engaging and intuitive user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) solutions
- Create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by Piktochart users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers.
- Conduct usability test to observe one's behavior towards the product.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective & design thinking methodology.
- Work closely with data scientists, UIUX and project teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features.
- Interview Piktochart users to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users. You will talk to users via phone/Skype/face-to-face.
Who we're looking for
- At least 2 years professional experience as a UX designer, UI designer experience is an additional plus.
- Ability to translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Strong design thinking and problem solving skills that do not compromise the user experience.
- Proficiency with conducting user interviews, and utilizing usability testing platform, wireframe and prototyping tools such as balsamiq and invision.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Being data-driven and making decisions based on methods of “Test, Build, Measure” and repeat.
Please write to us with a link to your portfolio web applications. We look forward to hear from you!