Skip those multi-disciplinary jargons and whatnots. Convey is a pro UI / UX based digital studio revolves around collaborative effort where the team works in tandem to create beautiful end user products. Do you have what it takes to work alongside a group of beer chugging and highly creative bunch of people collaboratively to align product vision? Right down from research, wireframes, hi-def prototypes to translate design ideas being delivered to be tested and iterated based on user feedback. We are practitioners of the lean startup, adopting agile methodologies, so we fit snugly with the startup mindset.
Does anything sound like you?
- The most important thing to you about a new job is being surrounded by smart, creative people.
- You’ve (preferably) spent 1-2 years in the web, digital and/or marketing world – and you simply love it! Rapid prototyping gives you a rush! User experience, intertwined with awesome interfaces gives you an all-time high! Think wireframing, interesting user stories, leading to a meaningful user journey.
- You see the relevance of digital transformation and how it will impact the fabric of society. Yet, human connection and interaction is what you advocate and this should still be the center of your design philosophy.
- In your free time, you can go on and on about the evolution of mobile phones – from their product designs to functions to screen interfaces – with a tinge of nostalgia (remember Nokia?); and how far we’d come since. Sometimes, you reimagine how staple interfaces on gmail, google drive and dropbox can be further simplified, without any compromise on their beloved functionalities.
- Also, you can’t wait for the upcoming season of GoT; even planning to organise a binge-watching session with friend to fill that void till then; and seeing Stranger Things 2 (superbowl trailer 2017) got you stoked! Let’s not even start with Black Mirror. What about Mr Robot?
Job Requirements – UI / UX Designer
Our Designers are all about creativity, usability and scope. You’re ultimately responsible for these, along with both internal and external expectations (read: happiness)
Process will follow:
- During initiating, you’ll be working with PM in high-level planning. You’re responsible for influencing ROI-based strategies and communicating and presenting your research and insights internally.
- Here, you will create the UI and UX solutions based on project timeline, budget and scope (think user stories and technical specs etc.) as well as define all key stakeholders.
- During execution,
- Launch is the last step. Here you’ll be measuring twice before launching once.
All designers handle multiple projects – each being in a different phase at any given time.
Everyone is adaptive, and use online tools (Sketch, Keynote, InVision and Zeplin) to communicate their processes and leverage it to make their projects successful and clients happy. They log their time and work, as well as track their progress.
Who Will I Be Working With?
This role has client-facing elements but is predominantly internally facing and as such you can expect to spend a large part of your time working with the assigned PM and our UIUX design team.
Where Will I Be Working?
This position is full-time and is based in Singapore, but requires you to have the flexibility to work across multiple countries across Southeast Asia, if required and presented.
What Will I Be Responsible For?
- Understand customer’s business and critical processes
- Work with assigned PM to propose and create solutions based on:
- Conduct analytics, competitor, user analysis to identify users pain points and address them.
- Facilitate key stakeholder interviews / conducting focus groups.
- Create aesthetically driven and trending UI designs for implementation that will create talk amongst users.
- Execute wireframing and prototypes to communicate and test design ideas
- Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards.
- Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations internally
- Develop wireframes, behavioural specifications and personas, if required
What Skills & Competencies Should I Possess
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, with a keen interest in UI or UX methodologies and min. 1 year of experience
- Great empathy and people skills
- Familiar with wireframing (specifically moqups or axure)
- Some proficiency in architectural and design cycles with complex IT solutions which includes application, data and technologies across multiple platforms.
- Software Development knowledge / experience is preferred in : Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Keynote, Invision, Sketch, Zeplin, Axure
What Other Qualities Should I Have?
- Fastidious workmanship and a strong eye for detail
- A strong sense of teamwork – we are a startup afterall
- A “never give up” attitude
- A strong sense of self-confidence
- An analytical and critical, yet open mind
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, of which tact is integral
- Sensitive to set, manage and meet deadlines with quiet confidence
- Being an advocate, a judge and general end-user in driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
Well done! You've read and reached the bottom of our description.