We’re situated in the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore, the Philippines. As such, we serve as a launching pad to bring gumi Inc.’s games to audiences outside of Japan, and also act as an incubator for new games tailor-made for a global audience.
- Responsible for programming and maintaining mobile social game server-side game logic, using PHP,MySQL on Amazon Web Services (ELB/EC2/S3)
- Develop and maintain server-side frameworks (Cake, Yii, MVC, Laravel, etc), algorithms, debugging & code testing.
- Be part of a team of server developers who help set up and maintain Amazon Web Services (EC2 Instances, S3, RDBS, etc.)
- Help implement and maintain RESTful Web APIs
- Designing DB Architecture, DB Normalisation and general server Architectures.
- Client/Server integration.
- Help manage RDBMS, SQL Queries, Stop procedures and NoSQL
- Work with everyone from QA to system admins to fix bugs and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Experience developing web applications or server-side game back-end using languages such as PHP or Python
- Interest in developing a variety of mobile game genres
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of software development methodologies
- Experience working with artists and designers
- Self-directed within a team context
- Enjoys an environment where personal and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Creative, innovative, positive problem solving perspective
- Able to contribute in other areas such as game design