ShakaPass is an entertainment app that is simply the most convenient way to spontaneously discover and book tickets to the best events, activities and attractions in your city. Browse and tap a couple times to book. We've recently released our Android/iOS apps and launched a partner portal for event creation.
ShakaPass is headquartered in Singapore and the founders each have over a decade of experience at startups and multinational firms. The team is diverse and composed of alumni from Berkeley, Emory, and NUS.
We are looking for like-minded, fun-loving individuals who are interested in working at an early stage startup that is unlike your usual corporate environment. If you like to live to the fullest, enjoy camaraderie and have a play-hard work-hard mentality, we warmly welcome you to reach out to us.
ShakaPass seeks only motivated and fun loving people.
- Compensation is equity only to align with rest of founding team and salary TBD later with funding â˜… Please note that your application will not be considered if this requirement is not met â˜…
- Your position will be commensurate with experience.
With so many great companies out there, we appreciate your interest in joining our team. While we would like to be able to reach out to every applicant, our recruiting team will contact you if your experience and skills are a strong match for the role.
Please check out our app below.
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shakapass.and
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/shakapass/id1050170802?mt=8
- As tech lead, you'll work directly with cofounders to plan the technology stack and scale the tech team
- Able to personally develop, update, maintain and debug our iOS/Android apps and website
- Work with cross functional teams to shape and manage app and web design strategy, from wireframes to publishing
- Coordinate platform integration and participate in meetings with partners/investors
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and news
- Participate in other tasks as required of being part of the early team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Previous experience as software architect
- Project management experience, sw dev. & life cycle planning - Agile (PMP certification a plus)
- Portfolio of previous iOS/Android app and web development
- Previous testing and quality assurance experience preferredâ€‹
- Database - PostgreSQL (required), familiarity with MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB), Hibernate preferred
- Backend frameworks - Rails, familiarity with Django, Apache or Nginx preferred
- CSS frameworks - Bootstrap
- Software architecture - RESTful
- Platforms and Servers - AWS, Heroku, familiarity with Linux, Bash, Ubuntu a plus
- Versioning platform - Git
- Passionate about being part of an early stage startup
Components instead of salary