Back-end Engineer (Ruby on Rails - Go Lang) for EXCITING Fintech Startup, Call Levels
Come join Singapore’s hottest FinTech startup and be part of a team that works and plays hard! In the span of one quarter, Call Levels has grown to be the 2nd-fastest growing Finance app in the US Google Play Store, was featured on Google Play across more than 100 countries, and recently featured on iTunes.
Call Levels is a real-time financial asset monitoring and notifications app that helps you be the first to know and track the markets with peace of mind. No more losing sleep over the stock markets or waiting anxiously for your forex or commodities prices to hit!
Since being founded in Sep 2014, we have launched the app on iOS (iPhone and Apple Watch) and Android, serving over 200,000 users globally for over 10,000 financial assets. Call Levels has received international awards and recognition from financial media from London, to New York, Middle East, and Japan.
For more information, check out our website: www.call-levels.com
Introductory video: https://youtu.be/pUxn6B_WeDE
We are looking for a focused and ambitious back-end engineer with prior experience in Ruby on Rails, Go Lang, Java and R. Candidates must also be familiar with messaging bus and microservices, and have an interest in startups and more specifically, in finance and/or technology. Background in finance is a bonus (but don't be deterred by this as it is not compulsory!).
· Define, design and implement projects and relevant architecture.
· Drive API development, for internal and external integration.
· Teach and mentor junior engineers
Please note the below attributes are essential - you require all of the below to be eligible for this role.
· Three (3) years of professional experience as Senior Software Engineer.
· Excellent programing skills.
· Experience in building high performance web applications (eg: ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS 2.0)
· Proficiency of the HTTP/REST/JSON-RPC protocols, microservice architecture. (eg: gRPC)
· Knowledge of Git and CI (e.g. Jenkins)
· Basic Unix command line skills are a must.
· Experience with monitoring tools.
· Experience with the following technologies: Elastic Search, Redis, POSTGRES, Kubernetes, Docker