Kaligo Travel Solutions, headquartered in central Singapore, is a global leader in loyalty-based travel solutions, working with the world's top airlines, banks and loyalty programs. We craft beautiful solutions, powered by great technology to help our customers boost member engagement and build member loyalty.
We are an innovative, fast-moving and customer-centric company and we're looking for like-minded individuals like you as we continue to grow our team and business! We promise lots of exciting challenges, growth opportunities, as well as fun times as we continue to build the best travel loyalty company in the world!
Kaligo Technology team builds and maintains multiple products: websites, mobile applications, APIs and internal tools.
Currently we are looking for Backend Engineer experienced in building solid server-side software.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- designing and implementing features in our Ruby backend applications
- fixing bugs and writing tests
- reviewing and testing work of other developers (code review is an obligatory step before deploying code)
- have at least 1 year of web development experience
- are experienced in at least one scripting language (Ruby preferred, but Python or Perl are fine as well)
- have solid knowledge of how web applications work
- can write good quality code supported by automated tests
- know how to debug broken code
- are a team player, caring about the product you build
- have good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements, or asking others for help
- are able and willing to learn new languages and libraries, and to further develop your skills
- will get bonus points if you know at least one functional language or have worked on a high traffic application
We offer you:
- a very competitive salary
- a chance to learn and experiment with new tools (e.g. Elixir language and Phoenix Framework)
- comfortable working environment (new Macbook, external screen, big desk and comfortable chair)
- some flexibility in working hours and option to occasionally work remotely (while we prefer to have the whole team in the office, we don't want you to take leave just because you need to stay at home)
- great office in convenient location (a few minutes walk from Farrer Park and Lavender MRT stations)