Sevenactiv is a Malaysian based MSC status company. An exciting early stage technology start up, the company is an offshoot of a successful creative agency. Sevenactiv has two parts to its operations:
- one being a digital marketing partner to brand owners and media companies aiming to provide marketing technology solutions that help fearless brands deliver engaging, multichannel customer experiences that boost profiles and win markets
- and the other working on disruptive peer-to-peer online marketplace platforms focusing on solving particular pain points of our everyday life
We currently specialises in experiential technologies, making its impact as a technological partner predominantly in the FMCG, telco, and automotive sector. Our work environment is extremely collaborative and you will be part of a highly motivated and light-hearted team.
WHY WORK FOR US
- We value you providing solutions and ideas more than adhering to rules and formalities
- Work with a highly passionate, enthusiastic and innovative closely knitted team
- Every role is important – meaning responsibilities are more but you learn more too
- You’ll work in an awesome atmosphere (and a brand spanking new office). At Sevenactiv, every day is casual Friday!
We are looking for a PHP Developer who will be responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. As Sevenactiv aims to be the leader in emerging technologies market, our employees should constantly update themselves and ready to take on new technical challenges in areas which may be unfamiliar to them.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and applies them into operations and activities
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications
- Working closely with the project team including production, operations, and marketing to deliver the project milestones
- Tackle/solve tough engineering and product problems
- Covering all software process stages including design, development, testing and maintenance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years+ working experience in PHP programming
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Code Igniter etc
- Experience in CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
3500 - 5000 MYR