ShipsFocus Group’s mission is to help the shipping industry ride the wave of change into the future. The industry’s traditional model of business allows players to take advantage of imperfect information. This aggravates the peak and trough in the cyclical nature of the shipping industry, causing wastage and inefficiency. Advancements in information technology, specifically the Internet technology will pose serious threats to many such players in the industry.
Our company will leverage on its three key contributors as pillars to help build online communities and ready their participants for the new world:
• for technological R&D and solutions leveraged on its knowledge, experience and network in the industryÍ¾
• for intelligence every battle wins or falls on the quality of its intelligence and we help to provide thisÍ¾
• for services we will only offer what matters to the customers. Our current team added up to over 100 years of diverse experience we are people who have worked well for many years together and believed in each other, and share a common vision.
We invite you join us today! We are building an online B2B platform for the bulk liquid shipping industry where Ship Operators, Shipbrokers, Shipping Agents and other professional shipping service providers come together as a community. These providers will be able to access and benefit from sharing our shipping knowledge, knowhow, information and intelligence in the respective shipping markets they operate. They will be generators and consumers of valuable inputs on our platform that we manage.
We also want to develop the platform for young and new entrants to the shipping industry. These young graduates and new entrants will be able to positively learn from and be introduced to the community quickly and effectively.
We are looking for a driven and analytical Senior Backend Developer who wants a key role in our fast growing company operating in a transforming environment. As the Senior Backend Developer, you will have a significant influence on the company's technical platforms and work with cutting-edge technology to build applications that will be used by our important B2B customers. A good understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Advise and Implement:
• Advise on key considerations and implement solutions for platform and system architecture and development
• Advise and implement security and data protection for the system
• Advise and implement data storage solutions
• Advise and implement documentation of all logic, definition, and designs
• Anticipate and identify issues ahead to address potential pitfalls
• Implement checklists, documentation of codes and tests for the system
Create and Integrate:
• Integrate the front-end elements built by the tech team into the applications
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Write clean and secure codes on features and modules
• Write clean and secure codes to apply algorithms for databases and analytics to the platform or website
Manage and Monitor:
• Responsible for server side of our web applications
• Manage the interchange of data between the server and the users
• Ensure that all codes are clean, secure and tested bug free
• Take charge of (backend & front end) code base maintenance
• Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and in resolving problems reported by users
Develop and Upgrade:
• Develop all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database
• Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
• Migrate databases to MySQL
• Improve data and database structures
• Upgrade other systems when necessary
You should possess a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones. You should have minimum 2 years of intensive experience and excellent operational knowledge in backend programming and, including but not limited to:
• MySQL, SQLite 3, NoSQL, MongoDB, NodeJS
• Strong in Algorithm and Pattern Recognition skills
• Strong spatial or visio-spatial ability
• Keen problem solver
Total applicants :23 Job posted 16 days ago Total Views : 292 Unique Views : 292