We’re situated in the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore & the Philippines. As such, we serve as a launching pad to bring gumi Inc.’s games to audiences outside of Japan, and also act as an incubator for new games tailor-made for a global audience.
- You’ll work collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Be part of a team of server developers who help set up and maintain Amazon Web Services (EC2 Instances, S3, RDBS, etc.)
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Using/Integrating with external services and APIs
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of Web Services and its related technologies (REST, HTTP, XML, JSON)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service