We're a Financial Technology startup which focuses on developing intelligent solutions to mitigate fraud and other risks for the banking and financial industry (think payment terminals, ATMs and eCommerce gateways).
We have also recently been named as one of the the most promising FinTech startups in Asia by SWIFT.
Jewel Paymentech is looking for a Vice President of Software Engineering with the passion and drive to run our software engineering team in Malaysia to support us in development of mobile, front-end, and back-end applications.
- Develop features across our complete product range to deliver industry leading solutions
- Lead the brainstorming and engineering of software solutions to determine end user needs, study system interactions and data flows, designing and building integration APIs, and investigating problem areas by following the software development lifecycle
- Lead the documentation and demonstration of solutions by creating analysis reports, flowcharts, diagrams, charts, code comments (and similar) to ensure our codebase is extensible and easy to maintain
- Be involved in complex software integration exercises with customers and third parties – across a variety of technologies.
- Be involved in the rollout of our products by determining and designing system requirements, specifications, and determining any pre-requisites to this phase
- Manage task allocations and prioritisations for the team
- Act as a mentor to the members of the team
- Maintain a focus on the needs of our customers
- Provide in-depth engineering support (debugging, performance optimisations, etc.) during the rollout phase to customers
- Attractive package + ESOP.
- Annual leave that's above industry norms
- Annual holiday package on anniversary
- Medical & dental plans
- Select your own computer option
- Cool office environment & family oriented work culture
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Ability to attract, develop and maintain a strong software engineering team.
- Payments software development experience (ISO8583 messaging, EMV, eCommerce Payment Gateways, etc.) a STRONG PLUS
- Other financial industry software development experience a PLUS
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, Aliyun, etc.
- Experience in other languages such as C, C#, Java, Swift, Ruby, and others would be a plus
- Experience with source control platforms such as Git
- Familiarity with Linux and POSIX-compliant systems would be a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team - both in the context of the Development team, as well as with the greater organisation as a wholeâ€‹
- Malaysians Only
12000 - 18000 MYR