What Is Appiloque?
In one sentence: Digital marketing efforts driven by user-centric experiences and data-enabled strategies.
We're always excited to find great talent that fit into our forward-thinking culture (No, really. We actually mean it). Check out our careers page for useful information - find out how our work is organized chaos in action, gain clarity on your progression, and how you can do something that actually matters, with us.
Hello! Read on if you’re keen on a development role that allows you to work off-site. You’ll need to be able to communicate fluently (in English), and be contactable during office hours (Singapore time zone) via Slack and emails. You’ll also need to let us know how you’ve worked with other companies via a similar arrangement.
This is what you’ll do:
- Writes robust, clean and documented code
- Recommend and/or implement architecture and design code that can be easily enhanced and reused (rather than writing one-off customizations with every request).
- Advise on the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Establish, promote, and document CMS usage guidelines, best practices, and standards
What Skills Do You Need?
- Experience with WordPress CMS system, mock-ups and wireframe development
- Excellent experience working with PHP open source solutions and 3rd party API libraries such as Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Mobile-responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap 3.x.x and above or Flexbox framework
- WordPress Theme & Plugin Development
- Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc), knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Ability to present your work convincingly, in a layman manner, to various stakeholders
Which Skills Will Give You Bonus Points (in descending order of significance)?
- Proper source code management (SCM), via tools such as Git / Bitbucket
- Familiar with industry standards in Facebook application, JS, XML creation and parsing
- MySQL / SQLite / PostgreSQL
- AngularJS, Node.js, Backbone.js
- Server Administration
- An active Github profile with ongoing projects and recent contributions
- Knowledge of on-site SEO standards