Algomerchant revolutionizes the way people invest!
We are a dedicated team of traders and software engineers working to democratize systematic investing for the retail investors. AlgoMerchant is the global online marketplace to find and follow winning systems. Our platform provides direct access to the best trading systems developed by investment leaders or portfolio managers from all over the world. A diverse range of systems are available to trade products from Equities and CFDs to Futures and Forex. We facilitate retail investors to tap the best 'Alpha' to manage their personal trading accounts with complete simplicity. The AlgoMerchant platform and the team is now ready to serve every investor's needs in their journey to trade.
Currently we’re a market leader, and growing fast in Singapore, Hong Kong, and South East Asia.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned engineer with a passion for Android and a strong product focus, who can spearhead the delivery and maintenance of our Android applications. Join us as we propel ourselves into our next phase of growth!
What you'll do:
- Architect, ship and maintain the core AlgoMerchant Android app and any other ancillary Android apps
- Write clean, maintainable code while assisting in the planning of rapid, iterative development cycles
- Work with our creative team to build beautiful designs and intuitive user experiences
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering principles to solve challenging technical problems with a focus on security, stability, performance and optimizing data consumption
- Manage system integration with external platforms where necessary, eg. market data providers, payment gateways and social media platforms
- Manage product and feature delivery timelines while balancing technical debt
- 3+ years of industry experience in Android application development, preferably on top of RESTful web services
- Experience shipping apps from start to finish
- Sharp acuity for the product - Desire to comprehensively understand business logic and suggest areas for improvement
- In depth knowledge of software engineering principles and Android design patterns
- Proficiency in multi-threading, performance tuning and crash reporting for Android
- Proficiency in mobile application security
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms
- Knowledge of backend web architecture and microservices
- Familiarity with mobile analytics, e.g. Firebase Analytics, MixPanel etc
- Desire to work in an open and fast-paced startup culture/environment
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent communication skills and pair programming ability
Bonus: Experience with the Xamarin cross-platform framework
4500 - 6000 SGD