Algomerchant revolutionizes the way people invest!
We are a dedicated team of traders and software engineers working to democratize systematic investing for the retail investors. AlgoMerchant is the global online marketplace to find and follow winning systems. Our platform provides direct access to the best trading systems developed by investment leaders or portfolio managers from all over the world. A diverse range of systems are available to trade products from Equities and CFDs to Futures and Forex. We facilitate retail investors to tap the best 'Alpha' to manage their personal trading accounts with complete simplicity. The AlgoMerchant platform and the team is now ready to serve every investor's needs in their journey to trade.
Currently we're a market leader, and growing fast in Singapore, Hong Kong, and South East Asia.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned front-end engineer with a passion for UI/UX design, who can spearhead the development, delivery and maintenance of our core web platform. Join us as we propel ourselves into our next phase of growth!
What you’ll do
- Take full ownership of all UI modules across the AlgoMerchant platform
- Write clean, maintainable code while architecting efficient front-end systems
- Apply your engineering knowledge to solve challenging technical problems, with a focus on security, scalability, performance & cross-browser compatibility
- Work closely with our creative team to build beautiful designs and intuitive user experiences
- Work closely with the VP of Product to plan development cycles
- Nurture and guide junior developers on best practices for front-end development
- Manage product delivery timelines while balancing technical debt
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like AngularJS, React, Ember
- Familiarity with workflow tools & technologies like Bower, Gulp, Grunt, SASS/LESS, Node.js
- Sharp acuity for the product – Desire to comprehensively understand business logic and suggest areas for improvement
- Strong UI/UX sensibilities
- Proficiency in front-end web security and performance optimization
- Working knowledge of backend web architecture and microservices
- Desire to work in an open and fast-paced startup culture/environment
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent communication skills and pair programming ability
- Bonus: Wireframing skills and knowledge of TypeScript / CoffeeScript
4500 - 6000 SGD