IT skills | public speaking | communication
AVANA is a platform that transforms ecommerce by enabling social media users to make purchases from their desired merchants within the merchantâs social media channel. Micro enterprises can quickly and easily set up a professional online store at www.avana.asia with an advanced inventory and order management backend complete with payment gateway integration for free in less than 15 minutes.
We are looking for a competent assistant to Director to support the Director in organizational planning and monitoring progress. You will also be working to enhance productivity of the organization, projects with partners and to scale the company.
You’ll be working on tasks that include full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Director to ensure the smooth management of her day to day affairs, and most effective use of her time as well as handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner.
You should also be well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in assuming delegated duties. Some of your best qualities would include are leadership and critical thinking and you are always ready to solve problems before they become obstacles.
What you’ll be working on :
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the team
- Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Monitor attainment of objectives
- Maintain scheduling of events
- Create reports and submit them to the director or other executives
- Fulfill duties as assigned by the director
- Manage Director’s daily calendar, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation).
- Process Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Director’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of Director’s contacts.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director.
- Organise meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Manage arrangements for Trustees’ and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director.
- Provenexperience as assistant to directoror other similar position
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and quality standards
- Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise.
- Ability to organise and plan own work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Experience working in startup, ecommerce, technology-related industries are a bonus