Operations | Programme | Design
We're rapidly scaling our venture and innovation initiatives across Asia, and associates who will be able to assist our managers to deliver on the impactful programmes planned. This role is one of limitless possibilities, where you're welcome to think and operate like an entrepreneur and play an active role in creating impact across all the things we do. If you interested in startups, innovation, venture capital, and technology, and love to operate in a role where your efforts can create an impact in these circles, then read on to find out more.
The associate's role would focus on working with our managers with the ultimate goal of delivering successful programmes and initiatives.
Depending on the priorities and candidates capability, you can expect to rotate across functions and support programmes and initiatives, research, events, marketing, technology, operations and even new projects. This, we believe would give the ideal candidate the opportunity to learn the ropes while getting wide exposure to the various roles that make up the company.
While experience in the early-stage startup or innovation ecosystem is preferred, it is not required.
How to Apply
To indicate your interest in this job opening, please fill up the following form: https://forms.gle/pacUTAgVAU1iE23x9
We will get back to you as soon as possible! Kindly note that only applications sent through the forms will be considered.
The role of associates in StartupX has many aspects and not all can be listed, but to give a rough idea of the role, here are some of the things that you could do:
- Work with programme managers to plan and execute on programmes, ranging from hackathon, corporate innovation, pitching competitions, and accelerators.
- Assist to deliver best possible experience to the startups or participants of our programmes
- Assist with the sourcing, management and relationship building with startups
- Work with marketing manager to execute on marketing campaigns and content development
- Work with PR firm on PR opportunities
- Work on SEO and list building initiatives
- Source for seed stage startups for corporate partners, investments and programmes
- HR and finance related work and documentation
- Office space related tasks and improvements
- Assist in improving operational efficiency
- Conduct market research and obtaining insights that are impactful
- Identify business development and partnership opportunities
To succeed in this role, here are some of the qualities or skills we think you should have:
- Effective communicator and able to collaborate effectively in verbal or written mediums
- Able to build relationships with partners and represent StartupX in the ecosystem
- Focus on operational improvements and efficiency
- Strong interest and affinity to technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, innovation and sustainability.
- Able to learn quickly and operate independently
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Services - Other
StartupX is an innovation, venture and startup enabler. We partner with leading corporations to collaborate with startups, run global programmes to help companies grow, build vibrant communities to support the next generation of founders and help local governments build and develop thriving ecosystems. Our initiatives are supported by a select group of over 250 mentors, investors, founders and corporate leaders across Southeast Asia and beyond. Based in Singapore, we work with companies from all over the world with the goal to drive impactful innovation on a global scale.
We are passionately curious about how the world and its people will live, play and work in the coming decades, and how technology and innovation will help shape some of these behaviours. We are mindful of the pressing challenges we face as a global population and strive to work with fellow innovators and conscious organisations to push for a better, more sustainable, and data-driven world.
Innovation means something different to everyone. Some people may have budding ideas that are ready to take flight, while others are looking to break new frontiers in their innovation journey. But what we know is this, we all need to keep moving forward if we want to innovate, and we need great people and talent to join us on this journey.
If you have great ambition, a willingness to learn and try, and then try some more, an appetite for challenges and a spirit for tackling problems head-on, you might be just the person we're looking for.
Ready to take the first step, and be part of a team that's reimagining a new future? We welcome you to join us and navigate this uncharted territory together.