Cloud deployment | AWS | OWASP Security Principles | Unit Testing | Integration Testing | OAuth | 3rd Party integration | Ruby on Rails | GraphQL
Selfie is an early stage start-up focused on innovation within the cosmetic dentistry sector. We believe that cosmetic dentistry can be provided differently and made accessible to more people without compromising on quality of care. Our business and technology sets us apart by giving our customers a clear aligner experience where they can choose between remote and in-person care based on their needs.
Job Type: Full time/Part Time/Remote/Contract
Years of Experience: 2-4 years
Career Level: Early-Middle
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer who wants to work in an early stage start-up and is motivated at the prospect of building something new grounds-up.
You will work closely with our tech lead and be responsible for developing the backend API. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, object modelling, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Developing API in GraphQL
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Modelling business processes and logic in codes
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of objects modelling and relationship
- Design and implementation of microservices to support required business logic
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience in GraphQL is a must
- Experience in Ruby on Rails as the API server
- Experience in integration of of third party payment service
- Understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments with OAuth
- Implementing integration testings and unit testings
- Good to have:
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Expertise with AWS and cloud deployments
Health and Personal Care
10 - 19
OVERVIEWEarly stage start-up focused on innovation within the cosmetic dentistry sector, looking for hungry, entrepreneurial, passionate people who are self-driven, open for challenges and able to innovate creative solutions. You will be part of a growing team that has a strong set of advisors and management team.
We want to make cosmetic dentistry more accessible without compromising on quality of care.
Young, energetic, passionate startup comprising smart and motivated individuals with diverse international background.