3000 - 4000 SGD
Python | Node.js | Ruby | DynamoDB | Aurora | RDS | Lambda | EC2
Do you take a lot of pride in shipping responsive and efficient APIs? Do you get a strong sense of satisfaction when your APIs scale without hiccup? Do you see yourself as a Cloud Ninja?
We are seeking Backend Engineer join our start-up. In partnership with leading business event agencies in Singapore, we have successfully delivered some of Singapore’s biggest and most high-profile events. Be part of a team that is determined to bring game changing digital experiences in the fast-paced world of business events.
You will be challenged to turn solutions around quickly but thoughtfully. If you have a self-starter attitude, and a passion for innovation, we want to talk to you.
- Design, build, maintain and scale a cloud-based production environment.
- Monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies.
- Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment.
- Design, create, and maintain databases.
- Implementation backup and restore solution for production environment and databases.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a Front End Developer with server side logic.
- Develop systems and procedures that ensure the privacy and security of customer data.
- Develop with eye on quality and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Maintain codebase and implement any necessary additions or enhancements.
- Use continuous deployment tools to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments.
- Meet tight deadlines as required.
- Strong experience with AWS compute services (EC2, Lambda) and database products (RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB).
- Monitoring of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- At least three years of professional background with server-side languages and their web frameworks such as Python with Django/Flask, Ruby with Ruby on Rails/Sinatra, and Node.js with Express.js/Meteor.js.
- Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL and NoSQL.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience working with Restful APIs especially connecting to payment gateway and social media platforms.
- Experience with Git version control system.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with building a CMS/CRM is a plus.