4000 - 7000 SGD
Analytics | Back-End Developers
Infrastructure as Code (IaC) | API | Google Cloud Platform | Cloudflare Workers | Apache Airflow/Prefect | Terraform | MongoDB | Docker/Kubernetes | Java | Python | Typescript | Next.js/React
Quilt.AI creates empathy at scale between organizations and the billions of people on the planet. As a research company, we uncover cultural meaning in big data to design positive change and impact. Our anthropologists, engineers and designers develop dynamic models to reveal deep insights from the billions of data points generated by digital behaviour.
Roles & Responsibilities
As part of a growing team consisting of ML experts, solution architects and software developers as well as social scientists the Backend Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment and configuration. They will bring their experience in system administration, as well as DevOps strategy and tools to lead the charge in automation, CI/CD and operations of the software delivery lifecycle.
The candidate must be comfortable working with cloud platforms, writing and reviewing production-grade code, and liaising with local as well as overseas teams.
Our tech stack includes Next.js/React, Typescript, Python, Docker/Kubernetes, MongoDB, Terraform, Apache Airflow/Prefect, Cloudflare Workers and Google Cloud Platform; prior experience in any of these is beneficial.
You are dedicated and conscientious, able to manage your own time and ramp up on new technologies quickly and effectively. You are meticulous and cool-headed, able to sift through hundreds of log messages to fix a pesky software bug. You communicate clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences, and work cohesively with multidisciplinary teams. You are a problem solver, relentlessly curious and eager to learn more and develop better products.
What you will bring to Quilt.AI
- 3+ years of related experience, and a track record of building customer-facing software products.
- Strong logical, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage ambiguity.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or equivalent work experience. We will also factor in relevant courses/certifications.
- Strong software development experience with in-depth knowledge of Python (preferred) or Java.
- Experience with using a variety of APIs, and knowledge of technologies such as Swagger, GraphQL and OAuth.
Preferred (additional requirements which are not necessarily prerequisites)
- Experience in system administration and CI/CD within a cloud-first organisation.
- Experience with container orchestration using Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Terraform.
- Cloud and related certifications, particularly Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes certifications.