Spring | Hibernate | API
Looking to immerse yourself right at the heart of the start-up ecosystem? You are looking at the “next big thing”. Since our inception in 2014 as a B2B company, Oddle has been a leading force in offering the best-in-class enterprise software that transforms how restaurants participate in the online revolution and how people order food online.
With Oddle, you can be part of creating the most exciting user experiences for people all over the world. With more than 60 people across our offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Taipei, we strive to be world-changing and continue blazing the trail - creating the most exhilarating food ordering consumer experiences and improving business decisions through data.
An intuitive and seamless food ordering system for our users is what we constantly seek to provide. We take convenience and engagement to a whole new level. As one of the world’s most transformative start-ups, we ensure that food ordering will never be the same again.
We have embarked on a journey where we can support more restaurants around the world with a scalable, robust system. By joining our Engineering Team, you get to work on a product that has revolutionized the way food & beverages establishments can grow their own delivery and takeout business. The team constantly tackles challenges in payments, notifications, mapping, and complex algorithms so as to deliver a simple, seamless experience for both businesses and consumers.
What you will do:
- Design and build scalable REST APIs for Oddle platform and other microservices
- Improve and optimize performance of infrastructure and database
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Write clean, human-readable code and improve code quality
- Collaborate with Client Side developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Improve system with with relevant emerging technologies
- Provide training & support to junior members of the team
- At least 3 years experience in Java with Spring Framework and Hibernate ORM
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience with API and Framework Design and third-party API integration
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject is preferred
Desired soft skills and attributes:
- Strong Command of English and good communication skills
- Strong team work and a positive attitude
- Self-awareness and a desire to improve continually
- Hungry for learning and always up-to-date with new technologies
If you are someone who appreciates writing elegant APIs, solving complex problems, or building scalable infrastructure, we want to speak to you!
Please click here to apply: https://oddle.applytojob.com/apply/v6qt76aVRY/Backend-Engineer-Singapore
50 - 99
Every year, 60% of restaurants fall off the market. New names get lost in the sea of competition. To come up on top, restaurants must explore innovative ways to grow. Instead of expanding brick-and-mortar store space, many restaurants have turned to offering food delivery to lift their sales.
However, managing delivery operations is hard work. Customised solutions are too expensive. Cheap solutions are inadequate. Concerns on lowering operating costs make it harder for restaurants to get to the next level.
Being restaurateurs ourselves, we understand this. That's why we started Oddle. We want to make it easy for restaurants to engage, manage and grow their F&B business through an all-in-one online ordering system.
Staying competitive is not going to get easier, but it will get smarter. With Oddle, restaurants can truly take their F&B business to the next level.
To enable F&B businesses to grow and manage their brands through an all-in-one, integrated and cost-effective solution.
We aim to build a sustainable ecosystem that will take the F&B industry into the future.
Intellectual Curiosity: At Oddle we are curious, and we have a hunger to consistently learn. We are very open to ideas and innovation
Authenticity: We treasure the concept of intrinsic motivation. We encourage genuine conversations and constructive debates
Resilient: We are a team of hard-working individuals that strive to get the job done in the best possible manner. We are committed to high quality work.
Reflective: Personal Growth is about being aware of one's strength and weaknesses. We are obsessed about improving ourselves.
Adaptable: Being in a startup requires flexibility and being agile to changes that would bring impact
Fun Loving: We are very serious about work and our goals, but beneath our professional exterior, we are really a bunch of people who love to have fun.