Business | Problem-solving | Communication Skills
Hypotenuse is a YCombinator-backed Artificial Intelligence (AI) start-up that automatically generates written content for e-commerce companies. It uses the state-of-the-art in machine learning to help e-commerce companies generate copywriting at scale, from product descriptions to advertising text.
We are a passionate team with experienced founders from a background in big tech companies, AI research and e-commerce. We have global ambitions and are expanding our team in Singapore. If you are inspired to take up new challenges to drive the future of e-commerce and content, come join our team!
Read more about us on TechCrunch.
At Hypotenuse, we empower you to make decisions, contribute creatively and think critically. We want self-starters who are entrepreneurial and have the drive to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up environment.
The Business Development team will bring the benefit of automated copywriting to various companies worldwide. If you like communicating with people and are hungry for new business successes, this role is for you.
- Be part of a new team driving the business development efforts in Hypotenuse AI
- Conduct market research and analyse data to pinpoint new businesses, key customers and market opportunities
- Evaluate, negotiate and acquire key partners that would support the company’s
- business plan and goals
- Understand the needs and expectations of customer groups, ideate and execute tailored strategies to drive adoption of product and establish positive long-term relationships
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across tech, marketing and sales to support internal initiatives
- (Preferably) 1+ year of experience in Business Development / Sales and Marketing / Account Management (ideally in Tech or E-commerce)
- Self-starter with a bias for action to get things done, and isn’t discouraged by failure or mistakes
- Excellent oral and written communication competency, comfortable with negotiations and interacting with top decision makers
- Strong affinity for critical-thinking, problem-solving, and result-orientation
- Motivated and committed, always ready to take up new challenges and responsibilities
- Data driven, meticulous and able to multitask under pressure
- Fast learner who can adapt quickly to changes and work both independently and collaboratively
- Additionally, experience in start-ups and Excel or Python is a plus