Microsoft Office | Research | Communication skills | Sales | Business
The Business Development intern will assist the team with sales and growth efforts. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional interpersonal skills. The intern is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of the organization’s products/services.
The Business Development intern will assist the team with sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. He/She should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated about marketplace and competitor activity. He/She may also assist in other matters related to project management, marketing, and any other ad hoc tasks.
The primary role and responsibilities of a Business Development intern
1. Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities;
2. Keep prospective client database updated;
3. Make cold calls for new business leads;
4. Support in writing new business proposals;
5. Maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company;
6. Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients; and
7. Assist in other ad hoc duties.
Competencies and Skills Required:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
2. Must have good negotiation skills;
3. Must be able to create good presentations;
4. Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
5. Must be detail oriented and proactive; and
6. Ability to work under pressure.
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. The intern shall be based in Singapore.