OPS | BD
About the job
Grow the Ox Street business and brand in Hong Kong, both in terms of awareness among buyers and sellers, and from an operations perspective when needed.
- Double digit % monthly growth in orders from Hong Kong
- Double digit % monthly growth in Users and IG followers from Hong Kong
About Ox Street
Ox Street is the first social marketplace for Gen Z in Southeast Asia, focused on sneakers and streetwear. Our mission is to break the old-fashioned boundaries between social, shopping, and gaming in one platform for Gen Z to discover, buy, sell, and flex sneakers and streetwear.
Ox Street has already built one of the leading sneakers and streetwear platforms in Southeast Asia with ~30% monthly growth in GMV since June 2020. There are 85 million Gen Z consumers in Southeast Asia, who together will spend 128 billion USD on fashion in 2025. None of them are wearing suits, and they spend a LOT of time on their phones.
Our core values are authenticity, ownership and enthusiasm. If you can bring a genuine enthusiasm for our cause, coupled with a high sense of ownership over the outcomes of your actions, you'll fit right in. Do you want to join us on this journey? Get in touch!
Growth | Marketing
- Social Media Growth - the right captions, content and posts to capture the Hong Kong audience
- Influencer Marketing - the right public figures that could influence Hong Kong audiences to sell and purchase on Ox Street
- Campaigns - specific country targeted campaigns that could coincide with Hong Kong festive seasons and holidays
Growth | Business Development
- Reach out and develop relationships with all main Hong Kong sneaker groups, communities, pages, and events (Facebook, Instagram, Discord, Telegram etc.) to Promote Ox Street as a selling and buying channel
- Set-up basic seller-side operations
- Legit checking, parcel repacking and scheduling pickups and deliveries
- Source local courier options that could help bring down logistics cost and shipping times
- Customer service when needed - attending to customers in local language when applicable
- Hiring the local team
- Monthly reporting of activities and initiatives taken, and country level KPIs. Suggest plans to grow Ox Street faster and better
Hard skills and experience
- Experience with legit checking, buying and/or selling sneakers on the resale market. In other words, you passion and knowledge of the products!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the local language
- Proficiency with digital tools, in particular google sheets.
This is a very entrepreneurial role, we are looking for people with a wide variety of hard skills to get things done quickly with limited resources:
- Some experience writing proposals
- Experience with the basics of graphic design, e.g. you won’t need a designer to create basic promotional images for social media
- Some experience with project management, either in events, marketing campaigns, or product management
- Some experience with social media
- Some experience in customer facing roles such as customer support, events, F&B, Community Management
- Comfortable with numbers. Ability to interpret and take decisions based on KPIs
We don't really care that much about years of experience or education. What we are looking for is a proven track record of exhibiting the following core values:
- Honesty: Having the ability to understand your own circle of competence, get help and give help when needed, raise issues early and be upfront about your opinion.
- Responsibility: Committing to clear agreements about who is responsible for decisions and outcomes. Then, if something is your job, making sure it gets done on time.
- Quality: Not tolerating small mistakes in content or service level. We need to hit the highest possible level of quality in our interactions with buyers and sellers, in our writing, in our design and in everything else we do.
- Enthusiasm: We're a startup, and there are lots of things to do. We'll work hard. And we'll also have some fun while doing it
- Open Minded: Collaborative approach to work and life. Not afraid to have an opinion.