Business Development | Project Management
Effective Communicator | English | Cantonese | Mandarin | Google Apps | MS Office | Slack
You are perfect for us if you are:
A performance oriented go-getter. You have an interest in the outdoor industry, and are looking for an opportunity to get involved with a brand and a company that builds a product that you can believe in and be excited about.
You are extremely organized and great at execution. You’re independent, a self-starter, and detail oriented, with a proven track record showing your responsibility and dependability, and relish the opportunity to use your organizational and execution skills to have a big impact as part of a small team.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Identifying growth and new business opportunities in new geographies and sectors.
- Strategizing, planning, and executing online and offline marketing promotional activities.
- Identifying and selecting channel partners (eg. Distributors, retailers, and bike shops).
- Project managing with various existing accounts.
- Strategizing, planning, and executing:
- Ideas for marketing promotional activities
- Ways to support our retail partners
- New partnership development
- Guerilla marketing events
Note: Given the very early stage of the company that we are in, a high degree of adaptability is expected and required for this role. We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly.
We expect all employees and team members to only look at their job description as a guideline. We eschew roles and seek people willing and able to ignore job descriptions. Everyone’s job at Lumos is to do anything and everything we can to make it a success and meet our company goals regardless of our “jobs”.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a business development, sales, or project management role.
- Experience, familiarity, or interest in cycling in Europe a major plus
- Excellent oral and written English. You are an effective communicator. Competency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin a plus.
- You’re naturally predisposed to being meticulous, detail-oriented, and organized.
- You’re able to work well with people and love helping people get the job done.
- You’re enthusiastic and optimistic, and nothing stands in the way that you can’t tackle with a smile.
- You’re passionate about what we’re doing at Lumos and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Competent with MS Office, Google Apps, Slack, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Passion for and existing activity with the cycling community a huge plus.
To apply: Please submit your Resume/CV to email@example.com.
Location: Our office is located at the WeWork in Kwun Tong.
Sports and Outdoors
OVERVIEWLumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched to the world on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 in its campaign. Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, preventing avoidable traffic deaths, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives. Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safer streets for all.
Lumos's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation.
Lumos value qualities, skills, behaviors, attitudes, and attributes of our employees, we hire and promote people who demonstrate these values. By so doing, the intention is to inspire more of those behaviors, and create a self-reinforcing culture.