6000 - 8000 USDProfit Sharing
business development | partnerships | sales | negotiation | prospecting | communication skills | fluent in english & cantonese
CaterSpot is an online marketplace that connects companies and people with great local catering options. We feed companies and events ranging from holiday parties, corporate events, birthdays, office gatherings, dinner parties, and more. We are bringing software and logistics technology to the manual world of catering to bring ordering online and to finally make ordering catering easy, transparent, and fast for any group of 5 or more.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Trainee is responsible for expanding our Vendor base (catering companies and restaurants) in the market via proactive prospecting, negotiation, closing and onboarding new vendors.
- Research prospective new reputable vendors
- Reach out to potential vendor partners and qualify leads that could need our services/platform
- Meet and exceed required number of leads generated per day leading to meaningful conversations with prospects
- Meet and exceed targeted quota of meetings set per week
- Overcome objections of prospective vendors
- Connect prospects to capabilities and benefits of CaterSpot's services
- Prepare reports as requested leveraging Microsoft Excel and our CRM tool
- You speak Cantonese and English fluently
- You have recently finished or soon to finish your University/College education. This position will lead up to full-time employment after 4 months traineeship. Minimum commitment is 3 months.
- Excellent organizational, communication, listening and presentation skills
- Experiences communicating in a variety of presentation environments
- Closing ability
- Team player
- Effective negotiation
- Creative problem solving
- Strong organizational ability
- Customer service
- Analytical Thinker
- Professional work ethic
- Google Apps (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, etc)
- Fire in the belly!
- Love to talk with people
- Energetic and Personable
- Passion for food
- Quick Thinking
- People-Centric and Cheerful
- This is a full-time internship in a cool startup atmosphere - our office is also super cool with ping pong table and video games.
- Being a part of a fresh and continually evolving Startup
- Super Fun and engaging culture and company activities
- Huge opportunities for personal and career growth
- Transport allowance
- All the FUN people work here!
- Curiosity - We care and inquire about the challenges and needs of our customers.
- Clarity - We keep communication crisp, clear, and responsive.
- Collaboration - We win with each other, never alone.
- Transparency - We ensure all relevant information is available – no questions are off limits.
- Ownership - We are responsible and accountable for getting things done
CaterSpot is the leading catering marketplace in Asia, currently serving Singapore and Hong Kong.
We've partnered with over 350 caterers and restaurants to make it easy to order catering online with our online platform. We're regularly serving food to great companies like Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, PwC, MasterCard for their office lunches, happy hours, client meetings, and corporate events.