What if kids are intrinsically motivated to learn? At Saturday Kids students donât just learn to code. They code to learn. We cannot teach kids everything. What we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids, encourage them to look at problems and think âI can figure this out myselfâ. Saturday kids learn how to learn. Since 2012, we have taught over 3,000 students how to learn through classes in programming, electronics, digital art and design thinking. Our mission is to use digital literacy classes to transform kids into self-motivated learners who are curious, inventive and resourceful.
Besides having fun and having an interest in kids and technology, here are what we expect from you:
- Be familiar with the lesson plan
- Ensure that the classroom is tidy and orderly
- Collaborate with other instructors, parents and the team
- Observe and understand students’ behaviour and psyche
- Conduct the class in a way that is fun, engaging and relevant to the students
- Provide individualised instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending the scheduled trainings
We look for these attributes and skills in the instructors we work with but you don’t need to know everything as training will be provided for you.
The most important requirement is a passion for kids and education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Good temperament, friendly and cheerful disposition
- Enjoys working with young children
- Passion in teaching, especially young children ages 5 and above. (E.g. Home tutor, subject clinics, peer tutoring.)
- Have a strong interest in programming and/or STEM-related fields
- Ability to learn independently and quickly fill knowledge gaps, especially with regards to new technologies and platforms
- Familiar with any of the following:
- C / C++
- Electrical Engineering
- Experience tinkering with microprocessors, micro-controllers, PCBs
- Educational qualifications in Early Childhood or anything similar
- Prior experience as a Robotics and/or STEM instructor
Note: If you are interested to work with us, but are unsure if you fulfil the technical requirements, just fill in the form indicated below and we will review your application as our courses for the younger age groups require a lower level of technical knowledge and expertise
If you are interested in being part of something fun, exciting, crazy and interesting, then submit your details via this form: https://airtable.com/shr7eG6s9eCV2u2Do or email us at email@example.com with the subject heading as "Instructor Job Enquiry" to enquire more about the job.
We look forward to seeing and welcoming you!
What if kids are intrinsically motivated to learn?
At Saturday Kids students donât just learn to code. They code to learn.
We cannot teach kids everything. What we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids, encourage them to look at problems and think âI can figure this out myselfâ.
Saturday kids learn how to learn.
Since 2012, we have taught over 5,000 students how to learn through classes in programming, electronics, digital art and design thinking.
Our mission is to use digital literacy classes to transform kids into self-motivated learners who are curious, inventive and resourceful.
Why Join Saturday Kids
We asked the team to come up with 3 words why they like (ahem, love) working at Saturday Kids
Weâre excited to join kids in their journeys as curious, inventive, resourceful changemakers who love to learn. So a bit more about our team...
We care a lot
We play a lot
We learn a lot
We get inspired
We work hard
We try (a lot of) stuff out. It doesnât always work. We keep trying.
At Saturday Kids weâre a bunch of big kids with big dreams, doing our bit to make a difference. We design awesome experiences that shift kidsâ mindsets.