Business Development | Project Management
customer management | project management | stakeholder management | presentations | strategy
Our mission is to transform international supply chains to be more resilient by helping logistics companies realise the full potential of their data. We cater to both shipping lines and cargo airlines. This covers 90% of the world trade volume that travels via ocean and 35% of world trade value that travels via air.
At Portcast, we are building an award-winning prediction engine with core insights in the global supply chain so that stakeholders can improve their risk management of operations saving them millions of dollars every day on their balance sheet with AI & ML predictions. Think about building an internal Google Map for Cargo (an experience for freight corridor stakeholders) where every passing, minute, hour, day and month we help them predict how their cargo is moving and how round the clock risks can be mitigated with appropriate JIT predictions using proprietary ML algorithms.
We’re looking for an innovative problem solver who thrived on getting things done as the Chief of Staff. You will work closely with the CEO to accelerate Portcast’s growth and build / implement the strategic vision with the right processes and team structures.
What to expect:
In this role as Chief of Staff, you will work with the CEO and leadership team to execute on strategic priorities and Go-To-Market vision that will change the future of Portcast. You’ll be a strategic thought partner and execute the Portcast leadership operating system to ensure close alignment across the team. You will build a deep understanding of Portcast’s business model and customers. This is a business critical role as we continue to scale.
You will be responsible for the following workstreams:
- Strategic projects: Drive strategic projects that can have impact on Portcast. This will mean you will help identify and contribute to the planning and execution of strategic special projects.
- Leadership meetings: Facilitating and managing cross-functional leadership meetings, rethinking the metrics we use to define success, managing agendas / pre-reads / action items post-meeting.
- Communications with investors, partners, internal team: Develop and manage ongoing communications and follow-ups with the Board of Directors, investors, customers, partners, and employees. Customer & product agenda: Develop a deep understanding and connection to Portcast’s customers and help build the company / product vision and customer base
- Thought partnership to CEO on matters of strategy, team effectiveness, and operations, acting as an extension of the CEO when necessary
- Talent and Culture: Partner with the operations and hiring team to help determine talent needs, assess current talent, and help in the goal setting process setting
- External evangelist for the company
We are looking for a leader who has:
- Successful track record in a chief of staff, commercial strategy or operations role, with proven ability in executive-level advising and cross functional collaboration to create change
- Exhibits deep understanding of high-growth SaaS go-to-markets and is therefore adept at simplifying complexity
- Demonstrates significant attention to detail and is an exceptional project manager, with a proven capacity to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives, cross functionally in an organisation at global scale.
- Effective at balancing both strategy and execution - can think strategically, but can also roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Cares deeply about customer-centricity and our mission of helping thousands of organizations grow better.
- Is deeply analytical, comfortable navigating data and working in ambiguity.
- Exemplary communication and relationship building skills at all levels from senior executives to Individual Contributors.
- An MBA would be advantageous
- Management consulting or strategy / finance experience would be advantageous
- Startup experience would be advantageous