COMPLIANCE EXECUTIVE Remote, CANTONESE OR MANDARIN SPEAKERS ONLY
corporate clients | teamwork | detail-oriented | professional ethics | integrity | communication | AML | risk management | Proficient in Chinese or Mandarin
Sleek is on a mission to revolutionize how entrepreneurs operate their business. We want to give small business owners peace of mind and the power of online solutions to allow them to focus on what they do best - growing their business. As we work for our thousands of customers, we gather millions of data points about their business, and in turn we transform those into useful, actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate their growth through smart algorithms.
We are a team of 300 builders from 17 countries, with offices in Singapore, Philippines, India, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Australia and the UK committed to delivering a delightful experience to our clients!
We are looking for a Compliance Executive to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules.
More about Sleek!
At Sleek, we work in a fast-paced start-up environment. We have a strong culture built around our five core values: Simplicity, Loyalty, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Kindness. As a deliberately multicultural team, our team comprises more than 18 nationalities and spoken languages.
We consider the company’s success to be a result of committed individual and team efforts, and are looking to onboard talented and creative people who want to make a difference. Corporate social responsibility is a passion, and as an equal opportunity employer we aim at making the world a better place. With a strong commitment to also make Sleek a great place to work, we offer a flexible working environment where we empower every team member to be the best they can be - regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or identity.
If you think you would be a good fit for our mission, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Responsible for KYC/AML/CFT checks on prospective corporate clients
- Responsible for KYC/AML/CFT recurring checks on existing corporate clients
- Conducting ongoing standard and enhanced CDD procedures including identification & verification and name screening of company directors, individual and corporate shareholders, and company administrative officers.
- Performing transaction monitoring on corporate clients to identify, investigate and escalate suspicious transactions.
- Keeping abreast of industry best practices in regulatory compliance and oversight.
- Supporting ongoing compliance training and awareness initiatives to drive regulatory compliance across the organization.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in identifying and assessing emerging compliance issues, and with the implementation of remedial measures.
- Supporting and delivering compliance-related projects and initiatives.
- Partnering with other business units and support functions to ensure compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with risk management and our industry’s standards.
- Have a sharp business acumen, we’d like to meet you.
- Able to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
- Proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin mandatory (non proficient applicants will not be considered)
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Business acumen
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail