World's Talent Ecosystem
We are looking for an amazing CTO to lead our mobile application development and technology efforts.
This role is one of the key roles in the company. We want you to be a leader and grow and expand with us as we grow.
This role is/will be a combination of hands on application development; hiring / mentoring / training; and team leadership / project management.
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces that satisfy both internal and external customer requirements.
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the overall development of mobile applications.
- Train and mentor the team.
- You will likely help to hire, build and coach an internal team of mobile developers.
- Participate in the organization and planning of development resources and schedules.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other related meetings with stakeholders.
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
- Appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones, and cultivating that same appetite in the development team.
- Must be from an Ivy League school, preferably in the United States
- Have some experience raising funds or working in startup environment
- Preferred to have some exposure to Silicon Valley and Bay Area working
- Minimum 6 years experience in Software Development and 3-4 years of native/hybrid mobile application development.
- Experience leading or managing a team of developers (involved both technically and in project management / resource management)
- Proven expertise in iOS and Android application programming (Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, xCode, interface builder, Java, Android SDK). Our current app is built using Ionic, with Digital Ocean back-end.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store and the Android market.
- You must have a deep understanding of traditional relational database and how to architect a structure that can scale. Knowledge of non-relational database is also a plus.
- Experience with Server side technologies (Ruby, PHP, ASP, etc) is essential, as well as integration with 3rd party Apps/platforms/Services etc
- Expertise in mobile video delivery and playback.
- Experience with Agile development projects.
- Proven results oriented person with good communication skills and a delivery and quality focus.
- Expertise working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience managing projects using Jira and Github.
- Experience in developments with high traffic and high data usage is a plus.
- Experience with Stripe integration is a plus.
The expressive marketplace for your skills