1000 - 3000 USD
AWS | Apache Airflow | Hadoop | Spark | Kubernetes | Python
You will fit right in to our team if you posses the following traits:
- Technical excellence - You possess good engineering skills and an eye for clean, maintainable code. To you, engineering is not just coding; it involves wisdom, drive, collaboration, and methodology. There are few who view engineering as a tool—means to an end. But you view engineering as an art form in itself. You are constantly improving your craft. You take pride in your work. You write code for other humans to read (it just happens to be executable by machines!). Engineering is for the most part a conscious effort, not mere trial and error.
- Problem solving mindset - You eat challenges for breakfast. You believe that problems are made to be solved and not avoided. Often you will try many different ways instead of giving up when presented with obstacles. If you have a reputation for being a defeatist or throws the first excuse that comes in mind when presented with a challenge, this role is not for you.
- Strong aptitude to learn - You will be required to learn a lot of new things. If you are aware that change makes you uncomfortable, do reconsider your career choice in technology. Technology is fast paced, fun and we have access to the latest know-hows in the industry. Here at Omnilytics, you will be part of a team that continues to learn and grow in both industry knowledge and technical skills.
We are looking for a Data Ops Lead to join our innovative Data team.
About The Role
You will be transforming businesses all around the world in making better data-driven decisions by:
- Enhancing data collection and processing procedures and pipelines;
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Developing processes, techniques, and tools to analyse and monitor model performance while ensuring data accuracy;
- Coordinating with various technical/functional teams to implement models and monitor results;
- Upholding the quality of any Company-related web products and services by testing for and resolving bugs;
- Set standards for product/process quality and monitor the team’s output;
- Recruit, mentor and coach the DataOps team;
- Be responsible for the performance management of the DataOps team; and
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Strong computing, devops or dataops background.
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as AWS and GCP
- Technical experience building, optimising and managing data pipelines
- At least 3 years of data engineering experience (Spark, Hadoop, Apache Airflow)
- At least 1 year in managerial/lead role
Business To Business
20 - 49
Who is Omnilytics?
Meet Omnilytics. We provide actionable market analytics and insights to fashion businesses around the world so they can make their most confident decisions with clarity and speed.
Omnilytics is founded on the belief that with the right data, at the right time, in the right context that is both insightful and actionable, all of us - business owners, employees, consumers, the planet and the people our businesses affect - would be better off because an optimal decision can be made.
To do this, we invest in innovative technology and marry that with deep industry expertise to create solutions that deliver insights with speed. If this resonates with you, let’s talk!
We are dedicated to be the leading platform for fashion and beauty market analytics that delivers reliable data.
We aim to help businesses reduce waste by channeling their resources into what matters. The fashion and beauty industry still rely heavily on just intuition when it comes to the next production, collection or decision. With Omnilytics, we strive to ensure the right matter, whether a trend or bestseller, is prioritised. We validate every option with pure data. This creates the best experience for the customers of the business, which is a victory for us too.
We believe in 4 values: efficiency, speed, accuracy, and passion. We believe in doing more with less, so that time is never wasted. We believe in working fast with precision, as the current market does not wait for anyone. Above all, we strongly believe in passion; it takes more than skills to do what we do.
If the following sounds like you or people you like to work with, we invite you to reach out and be a part of our vision in powering the world by helping businesses make better decisions with data!
- You genuinely believe in the power of data in unlocking business growth
- You are good at gathering facts to inform your opinions and intuitions
- You choose to fail forward by applying your learnings quickly
- You learn quickly, eagerly and proactively
- You embrace problems and challenges as opportunities towards greater excellence
- You are proactive and understand knowing is not enough, you must apply and willing is not enough, you must do
- You are flexible and adaptable towards change
- You speak and write articulately what you are, and are not, trying to do so others are clear on what to expect
- You collaborate effectively with others despite from different backgrounds and cultures (we have team members from 11 different nationalities)
- You are known to be authentic, candid and non-political
- You are disciplined and comfortable navigating a highly autonomous environment (we have no official working hours as we believe that it is not about the hours, starting or ending time, but rather what is the most productive time to produce exceptional work.)
Why join Omnilytics?
Hear it from the team itself what they love about working at Omnilytics:
- “I love we have no official work hours because our company upholds a Results-Oriented Work Environment (ROWE).” - Rilla
- “If I have to choose, it would be the diversity of the team! We have 11 nationalities working towards a common goal.” - Li Wen
- “What I appreciate very much about Omnilytics’ is the learning culture here. Not only do we have access to learning platforms such as Coursera, our Personal Development Fund are not limited to job-specific training but we are encouraged to pick up new skills outside of our job scope.” - Dylan
- “I always have fun at our monthly Lunch Roulette in which we are grouped into randomised teams to have a meal together courtesy of the company to foster cross-team relationship” - Claire
- Other perks & benefits include
- Well-stocked pantry & team meals
- Medical claims
- Laptop allowance
- Commute allowance
This is your chance to join us in helping businesses around the world make better decisions with data.