Python | coding | SEO | amazon | digital marketing | e-commerce
You are perfect for us if you are:
An experienced eCommerce manager who has experience running websites selling consumer goods. You are passionate about ecommerce, and you’re a little bit of a hustler. You come up with ideas and hacks and find a way to try them out in real life. You like trying and experimenting with new things.
On top of all that, you’re really organized, able to work independently with a lot of responsibility, analytical, and you work well with a team. You are looking for an opportunity to be an influential part of a small team and build an exciting new consumer brand from the ground up.
The mission of the eCommerce Manager is to grow our direct to consumer online sales by managing and maintaining our Amazon and future storefronts to be as highly converting as possible. This will involve:
- Ensuring that our Amazon/Shopee/Lazada product pages are up to date and featuring the right imagery and copy
- Maintaining the inventory levels and account health of our various eCommerce accounts including Amazon.
- Maintaining our BuyBox percentage and leveraging Amazon LaunchPad for all possible benefits
- Producing monthly reports detailing our account health and status to management
- Exploring potential markets and setting up new E-commerce platforms to engage in these markets
- Manage the health of these e-commerce stores, bad reviews, good reviews, visibility, SEO, promotions, etc.
Note that given the very early stage of the company that we are in, a high degree of adaptability is expected and required for this role. We are constantly learning new things and adapting our strategy and activities accordingly. Indeed, we see this as one of our key competitive advantages over the incumbents as it will allow us to try many more things and move much quicker than our competitors.
As such we expect this person to only look at this job description as a guideline. With just a handful of people in our company, we eschew roles and seek people willing and able to ignore job descriptions. Everyone’s job at Lumos is to do anything and everything we can to make it a success and meet our company goals regardless of our “jobs.”
Key skills and characteristics we’re looking for
- Hustler/creative/experimental type
- You come up with lots of ideas on things to try.
- You’re resourceful and biased towards action to try it and make it happen.
- You have an experimenter's mindset - Try and see if it works, observe, learn, and if it works great, and if not, move on.
- You are highly organized, detail oriented, comfortable with numbers and are reasonably digital/computer/excel savvy
- Managing our Amazon accounts will involve a lot of using multiple platforms’ backend systems, which is not always user friendly or intuitive. You will need to be able to figure it out and troubleshoot these problems on your own
- It will also involve tracking many lists and numbers of our various SKUs and their inventory levels. What is selling well and needs to be replenished? Which are moving slower than expected? Etc.
- It will also involve consistent monitoring the account health/score of all our Amazon stores and updating/maintaining them to ensure continued health. So you have to be organised and disciplined enough to do these checks and reporting on a weekly/daily basis.
- Familiarity, experience, and expertise with eCommerce platforms including Amazon Seller Central and Amazon LaunchPad will naturally be highly desired. However it is not necessary for this position. We will be able to teach it to you and walk you through it.
- You are detail oriented
- There is a lot to keep track on Amazon, and it’s easy to make mistakes (eg. Typos etc.) on the platform. Sometimes these small slip ups can have major consequences. We need someone who is careful, methodical, and steady.
- Analytical thinking
- You’ll need to monitor inventory levels, sell-through trends, and identify problems by monitoring key metrics
- You’ll need to project out trends and make plans and recommendations accordingly
- Nice to have: Python/coding ability
- Experience and success running an online store and/or Amazon account (experience with Shopee, Lazada, or EBay also acceptable)
- Familiarity with CRO and SEO
Please submit your Resume/CV along with a statement of interest/cover letter.
Sports and Outdoors
OVERVIEWLumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched to the world on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 in its campaign. Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, preventing avoidable traffic deaths, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives. Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safer streets for all.
Lumos's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation.
Lumos value qualities, skills, behaviors, attitudes, and attributes of our employees, we hire and promote people who demonstrate these values. By so doing, the intention is to inspire more of those behaviors, and create a self-reinforcing culture.