Kanban | Scrum | Agile | AWS Amplify | NodeJS | software engineering
Fairmart is an early-stage community commerce company with a mission to help local stores thrive in the digital age. It is our belief that local stores should have access to the same capabilities that larger businesses have, but built for their scale. To achieve this, we take a multidisciplinary approach to building solutions that are simple to use, yet powerful in their impact.
We're based in the JTC Launchpad - a heart of Singapore's startup community.
We are a diverse team of technologists and builders who love to see the direct impact of our work on the lives of our customers. Those who are successful at Fairmart are intensely curious and bring a fierce passion to their work. You should be results-oriented, but also be people-oriented and understand the broader context of each problem you solve. Our culture is our competitive advantage, and you will have a unique opportunity to nurture its evolution and growth.
Our founders bring a combined 25 years of experience from industry giants such as Shopback, Redmart, and DJI. The company is supported by prominent VCs such as Entrepreneur First, HAX, and SOSV.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you will:
- Build a seamless, beautiful customer experience with React & Redux that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment.
- Potentially help with part of our backend (NodeJS & AWS Amplify).
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen.
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference to our teams and our customers.
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-end Developer.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with React, Redux or similar stack.
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- Are enthusiastic about learning and diving deeply into new, unfamiliar technologies.
- Team player who enjoys working with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Are excited about taking a customer-facing product from conception to execution and are excited about digitising the retail industry.
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code.