4000 - 6500 USDEquity
Interpersonal Skills | Analytical, Operational, Financial, Adaptable, Leadership
We are looking for a driven, agile and personable General Manager with strong people skills and experience in operational management in either the villa or hotel industry (or course villa experience is preferred). They should be someone who inspires the team to go above and beyond, and most importantly, to deliver. As GM, you would be overseeing owner relationships as well as day-to-day operations of villa management. Financial acumen is important as the GM oversees the budget and seeks to work within its constraints. Timely reporting of financial performance and projections would also need to be provided to the CEO and COO.
The GM would also establish strategies and practices that ensure our villas and services meet or exceed the expectations and needs of our customers and owners. Being tech savvy and innovative is also a plus, as tech is key to differentiation.
They should also build owner loyalty through clear and timely communication, management of expectations and delivery of positive business results. The GM should be someone who works closely with the team, both local and foreign, creating a professional yet family-like culture within the company, where team work, integrity and drive are core values. They should also be active in the local community and build good relationships with local officials, customers and businesses.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Managing Property Operations
• Works with the Operations and maintenance team to develop a strategy and SOP that ensures the brand’s business strategy and vision is executed, and that villas are kept in their best condition.
• Evaluates if the Operations Team is meeting service needs and provides timely feedback.
• Regular visits to villas to ensure they are in good condition.
• Reviews villa reports and financial statements to ensure the villas and the management company are performing against the budget.
• Clear and consistent communication to all departments.
• Emphasises the importance of excellent service to the team, leads in weekly stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Oversees training programs related to property management, reinforcing constant quality service.
• Establishes strong relationships with all owners and their Board of Directors to maintain a successful residential community.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Prepares and operates within the constraints of the residences’ aAnnual budget.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeping leadership focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the leadership teams.
• Interfaces with customers, (e.g., owners, vendors, guests) on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Handles owner’s complaints by following the instant pacification procedure and verifying guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates owner satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently; disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, 2 years experienceyears’ experience in Villa, Hotel and Property Management a plus, 2-3 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-3 or more years’ experience in a senior management position of a luxury villa management company and/or Four Star/Four Diamond hotel minimally.
• Property management work experience, with solid career growth and a history of strong performance.
• Prior assoc management experience.
DREAM A LITTLE. TRAVEL A LOT.
Welcome to Asia-Pacific's leading luxury villa booking portal and property manager!
The Luxe Nomad was founded on a simple belief: that luxury travel can be affordable.
Launched in 2012 with a round of angel investment, the Singapore-based startup pioneered collaborating with celebrities and online influencers on Instagram which helped grow its reach to 250,000 travellers. The site now lists over 2500 private villas, apartments, and ski chalets in more than 35 destinations, offering guests the home-away-from-home comforts with a Luxe Nomad touch.
We are expanding into property management, ensuring not only can you book with us, but check into a Luxe Nomad managed property as well.
If this sounds like the type of company you'd like to join, then why not
drop us a line? We're looking for fellow Nomads who think out of the box, love to learn
and aren't afraid of working hard!