Full-stack Developer | System Software Analyst
programming language | Data Science
What you will do
- Lead sprints with goals aligned to the product roadmap; manage and coach in-house engineers; and write exemplarily code and define our future architecture.
- Work closely with the product team to develop our platform with the goal of increasing and satisfying the primary users in a very iterative fashion.
- Architecting, building, testing, and releasing features with the highest quality. You will be very involved at the ground level and work closely with your engineers to identify and improve team, product and engineering quality. You will focus a good portion of your time in contributing and reviewing code.
- Lead the recruitment process to identify and hire the best engineers in Vietnam and/or the rest of the world.
- Help shape the engineering and team culture by working closely with your reports and helping them grow their career at VI by giving frequent guidance and motivation.
What do we offer
Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
Fully Remote Working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
Company Laptop- paid for by VI
Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs that helps young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
To do this, we partner with innovative universities, foundations, governments, and companies from around the world.
Recent Highlights include:
- Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup 2021
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
Reporting into the CEO, this is a hands-on, yet strategic high-profile role that will be pivotal in the company's future success. You'll get to lead a world class globally distributed team and work on a product that is backed by the likes of Sequoia Capital and 500Startups.
We're looking for a truly exceptional technical leader to drive Virtual Internships to the next stage of its development. You should be an outlier in building, running, and getting the most out of world-class engineering teams. In addition you should:
- Have experience working in an early-stage and rapidly growing startup- doubling/ tripling an engineering team
- Know how to build a product yourself, ideally you’ll have done this no more than 5 years ago
- Possess 8+ years of industry experience and experience as an engineering leader managing a team of engineers
- Be skilled in translating business and user requirements into a technical roadmap leading to product-market-fit and growth
- Tue leadership qualities: you’re a mentor and someone people trust and want to work with
- Either have experience working with and leading Data Science or ML/ AI teams OR have significant knowledge in this field
- Communicate fluently in English- (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 7.0+)
- Be willing to travel to India on occasion to meet with the HO Product & the engineering team
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Understanding and experience in Agile approaches to building and delivering software and experience in building automated delivery of software to practice incremental development of product