Project Management | Others
operations | logistics | leadership
dahmakan is one of the fastest-growing food tech startups in Southeast Asia. We make food delivery an everyday choice by delivering chef-made meals below restaurant prices at the push of a button. Funded by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Asia, we’re conquering a trillion-dollar market in the most exciting region of the world.
Our search for a capable Head of Delivery is on!
- Lead our rockstar logistics team to build the best mid- to last-mile delivery service
- Manage hub and delivery operations within Malaysia, leading the overall strategy and P&L in order to optimize unit economics
- Evaluate fleet performance and implement new incentive and training systems for world-class performance
- Ensure sufficient supply of well trained delivery riders and hub staff to achieve 95% on time deliveries
- Provide data-driven leadership to optimize operational efficiencies across hub and delivery operations (e.g. cost-cutting, zero wastage, lean operations, productive riders)
- Drive strategies that connect teams from product, kitchen and tech to work on moonshot projects (e.g. country expansion, building the hub of the future through tech)
That's Why You Need To Join Our Team
- Stock options in the next billion dollar technology company in Southeast Asia
- Work with the smartest and most passionate from over 15 nationalities
- Rare opportunity to build a product that everyone around you loves, in one of the most exciting and fastest growing regions in the world
- All the perks that come with working in a startup including free lunch and dinner made by our in-house 5 star chefs. Of course, we cover work permits and pay competitively
- 8+ years of relevant experience in leadership and operations, ideally in a matrix structure.
- Core experience in a technology context - this role requires a data-driven decision mentality and a strong analytical mindset. SQL will be a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience driving business outcomes; strong problem-solving, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Relevant experience in logistics / hub & courier management is advantageous.
- Experience building and managing high performing teams and culture of excellence.
- Experience inspiring, mentoring and supporting the growth of employees through inclusive and inspirational leadership.
- Experience working as part of a broader Senior Leadership Team.
- Entrepreneurs welcome! Even better if you’ve learned from a few failures along the way.
- Proficient in English (Malay will be advantageous)