Technical Support | Software-system Administrator | System Software Analyst
As the Head of Engineering, you will be the leader of Supahands’ Engineering team. Your main goal is to drive the technical execution of our product roadmap and manage a team of software engineers. You will report directly to our CEO whilst working closely and collaboratively with the Head of Product. Your role will play a big part in contributing to our product strategy as you will work with our Engineers on the technical execution of our product. You will join our Product and Engineering team at an early stage. We are growing, so there is a lot to do and even more to learn. If you have a good tech background and are keen on taking a leadership role, join us!
- Lead the engineering team and own the outcomes. You will contribute directly to the success of the company and will be the owner of our tech products.
- Manage day-to-day operations (standups, sprint meetings, etc) of the engineering team.
- Coach and mentor engineering seniors to be more effective leaders of people and teams.
- Coach and mentor individual engineers to be more effective individual contributors.
- Recruit/retain the highest calibre of engineering talent, growing our team 2-3x this year.
- Foster a world-class engineering culture to build amazing products.
- Collaborate with the rest of the leadership team to identify business and client needs, and set the right products, timeline, prioritization and plan to get us there.
- 7+ years of experience.
- 3+ years formally managing one or more engineering teams and experience building/maintaining highly available services on cloud architectures.
- Expertise in software engineering best practices.
- Strong skills in software architecture and system design.
- Experience with microservice/service-oriented architecture patterns and Object-oriented programming.
- Eager to try or learn new technology and framework.
- Ability to create alignment within a team around technical direction.
- Collaborate with product managers to define technical requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
- Establish and nurture a high performing engineering culture.
Formed in 2014, Supahands is an outsourcing platform that works with companies across the globe, from Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and the US, to help them scale and save on resources through the outsourcing of their business operations. This is achieved with our passionate team in Kuala Lumpur together with our remote task force of 'SupaAgents' from across South East Asia.
As a company, Supahands is focused on helping our clients' business scale while also providing the opportunity for people to join us part-time as a SupaAgent.
All our work focuses on delivering the best experience and value that a user can get out of Supahands and we want to channel these values through all aspects of our product.