4000 - 10000 USD
Fundnel is a licensed private investment platform that offers unlisted securities in growth and pre-IPO stage companies across industries to a qualified network of over 10,000 investors, comprising both professional – private equity, venture capital, corporate venture capital, family offices, angel investor networks – and individually accredited investors actively looking to diversify their current portfolio.
We screen all investment opportunities to ensure businesses meet the stringent requirements defined by the Fundnel Factor – a proprietary data-driven due-diligence process analysing >130 quantitative data points per company – before reaching Fundnel’s investor network. Fundnel’s network of investors perform further due-diligence before making an "Anchor Investment" in a particular deal they see value in. Only deals with a lead anchor investor will be listed on our platform, whereupon other investors are invited to join the investment round.
Fundnel is headquartered in Singapore and has a growing team of >30 people spread across regional offices in Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia, Australia and India. Total deal origination value on our network exceeds US$100m with 25 transactions completed to date.
We're looking for talented, analytical and passionate people to join our proven team as an Investment Analyst in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Some things to know before you apply
- We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses
- You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and business owners in developing innovative funding and growth strategies for clients
- Everything we do is focused on helping businesses do business, better
- We work really hard but play really hard as well
- Deal sourcing and analysis for Malaysia, based in Kuala Lumpur
- Analysing feasibility of deals, appropriating deal structures for funding and deal execution
Roles & Responsibilities
- Run client acquisition campaigns, to establish outreach programs to accredited investors
- Support deal origination efforts in Malaysia
- Drive the development and continued cultivation of client relationships, gaining an understanding of the interests and investment criteria of investors
- Prepare presentation documents including pitch books, brief company descriptions and proposals across multiple industries
- Support the team in origination efforts in the region
- Build and run financial models on relevant companies and/or projects where appropriate
- Perform investment research, analyse and write reports relating to deals or companies
- Assist in the execution process of live transactions
- Manage and handle client queries where appropriate
- General assistance to other senior members of the team
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 1 year experience in a top-tier investment bank either in a corporate finance or equity research role or a corporate advisory team at one of the Big Four auditing firms
- Fresh graduates may apply but will be subject to rigorous rounds of financial analysis and modelling testing
- Interested in Financial Technology (“Fintech”) startups
- A working knowledge of capital-raising methods like stocks, bonds, and other securities
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a must
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written & verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint and Excel)
- Proficient in spoken and written English desirable in order to be effective in the role
The Ideal Candidate Should Be
- Strategic-minded, detail oriented and very strong quantitatively
- Able to work independently and be part of a team
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Excellent listener with proficiency in spoken and written English to be effective in the role
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please come prepared for an intensive round of interview.
Fundnel is a licensed private investment platform that offers unlisted securities in growth and pre-IPO stage companies across industries to a qualified network of investors, comprising of both professional â corporate venture, private equity, venture capital funds, family offices, angel investor networks â and individually accredited investors actively looking to diversify their current portfolio.
We screen all investment opportunities to ensure businesses meet the minimum requirements defined by the Fundnel Factor âa proprietary data-driven due-diligence process analysing over 130 quantitative data points per company* â before reaching our investor network. Our network of investors perform further due-diligence before making an "Anchor Investmentâ in a particular deal they see value in. Only deals with a lead anchor investor will be listed on our platform, whereupon other investors are invited to join the investment round.
Fundnel is headquartered in Singapore and has a growing team of over thirty people spread across regional deal offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia.
Total deal origination value on our network exceeds US$100mm+ with 24â transactions completed to date.
* Historically, only c.10% of companies will be offered to our investors, whilst just c.2% eventually receive an investment â our technology enabled solution means that our investors do not have to spend unnecessary time and resources hiring large teams of analysts to do what we do.