4500 - 6000 SGD
Back-end Development | Software Engineering | Java | Product Development | Software Development
Hapz is on a mission to revolutionise the event industry with a one-stop event management platform. We provide a unified solution for event organisers to manage their ecosystem - from their ticket-booking experience, real-time data analytics, to on-ground payment solution. We have partnered with some of the best events in Singapore, including Beerfest Asia, Singapore Yacht Show, Singapore National Day Parade, and F1 Community Events. We also have strong brand partners, such as Singtel, Shopee, Lazada, and Grab.
We are now looking to expand our reach within Southeast Asia. To drive this, we are looking for a motivated Java Software Engineer to join our Product Team.
Team & Role
The product team is the cornerstone of Hapz platform. We use leading-edge technologies such as Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, etc. to build a scalable event management platform that has processed millions in ticket revenue and simplified event operations for large scale events with 30,000+ attendees.
Hapz adopts the following core principles for software design:
- Agile Manifesto
- Microservices Architecture
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Infrastructure as a Code
- 12-Factor Application
As our Java Software Engineer, you will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end, and develop robust applications to help take Hapz to the next level.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and processes - delivering high-availability and performance.
- Write JUnit test cases for test-driven development.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Build and support a continuous integration process.
You may enjoy this if:
- You enjoy writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- You have good team spirit. You like to collaborate and help others.
- You enjoy instigating continuous improvement by finding alternative technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- You are analytical and result-driven.
- You are a strong communicator who could present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You like working in a fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Proven working experience in Java development.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing enterprise applications using Spring Boot.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and Hibernate.
- Experience in designing or developing an integration to a RESTFul API.
Nice to haves:
- Currently residing in Singapore or Southeast Asia.
- Must be willing to relocate to Singapore.
- Passion for the entertainment industry.
Hapz is a people-first company, we believe that our goals can only be achieved in a supportive and autonomous environment - where you can take control of your own growth and initiatives. We are also adaptable; we cherish flexibility and ability to thrive in uncertainty. Finally, we put a huge emphasis in communication and empathy. We look for individuals who actively listen, help their teammates, and share their insights.
If this role would make you excited to come into work every day, we need to talk. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or through StartupJobAsia to apply.
Hapz helps event organisers maximise their revenue through our event recommendation and dynamic pricing platform.
Up to 60 days from event day, event organisers would be able to liquidate their unsold tickets by allowing consumers to name their own price through our platform.