Design | Project Management | Architect
Adobe Creative Suites | SketchUP | AutoCAD | Architecture | Interior Design
COMMONTOWN is the largest co-living brand and operator from Korea. COMMONTOWN started in 2017 and has been growing rapidly over the past few years, operating almost 400 bed in Korea. COMMONTOWN Singapore have opened April this year and we are growing at a daily pace. We aim to expand our operations across all SEA markets in the next couple of years in various types of scaled projects.
COMMONTOWN is looking for a passionate ‘Junior Interior Design Manager’ to join our product team; “core creative heart’ of COMMONTOWN.
We are looking for designers who is ready to explore their career to next level jumping into property business development area with their expertise in spatial design. As a ID manager role, one of the key responsibilities will be to not only come out with creative ideas and design solutions, but also to manage the constraints such as budget, time, scope and quality in project management perspective.
- Manage end-to-end process for design project from concept to completion.
- Identify prospective members' living space needs of COMMONTOWN and develop design concepts for implementation.
- Transform creative ideas into functional design concept.
- To manage the constraints of the project management triangle, which are cost, time, scope and quality.
- Being able to project scope the works needed and cost budget plan for construction and ff&e fit-outs at property acquisition stage.
- Focused, detail-oriented, and resourceful approach to problem solving.
- Source and procure required interior products and vendors / contractors.
- Supervise ID and architect contractors and site work progress for larger scale projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams across disciplines to ensure successful delivery of projects, from design through opening and closeout phases.
- Identify issues for escalation to Management and document accordingly.
- 2-5 years experience in Interior Design and/or Architecture.
- Experience in end-to-end process from Conceptual to Construction management is required.
- Ability to catch attention to detail for quality control and communicate via drawings on/off site with contractors.
- Experience in diverse areas: Hospitality, Residential, and commercial Interior Design; is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office.
- Concise verbal, written, and graphic communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, who can independently manage and work on a project and report to the senior manager.
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Fluency in English is a must.