Corporate Support | Others
Agreement | Compliance | Legal
WHO WE ARE
Ready for your next career move in Marketing Technology? Believe in working smart, and want to have fun doing it? Ematic Solutions might just be the place for you!
Established in 2013, we started as an email marketing optimization provider, and today, we have expanded our business to a larger scale in the Digital Marketing landscape. With our headquarters located in Singapore for Ematic Solutions, our rapid expansion network has spread across South East Asia (“SEA”) countries and is continually growing. Today, with our global resources, local insights & technology infrastructures, led us to operate over 9 countries - Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Bosnia.
We are a global team of 160+ Martech experts and we specialize in various Messaging, Attribution, CDP and Analytics platforms. Our goal is to make every marketer’s platform buying journey easier via a systematic approach: from identifying the requirement, reviewing the current marketing stack, to shortlist/negotiate different technology platforms and of course, onboarding, continuous training and ongoing cost optimization.
This is a great and exciting opportunity for someone who is adventurous with good legal skills to join Ematic Solutions regional legal team as a Legal Executive. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur and you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to Ematic group of companies across SEA.
● Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising a variety of contracts relating to the company including non-disclosure agreements, software as a service (SaaS) terms of service, services agreement, reseller and other channel partner agreements, technology partnership agreements, loan-related agreements, vendors-related agreements, employment-related agreements, tenancy agreements etc.
● Advising on legal matters of the company and ensuring compliance with different areas of law relating to the operational and functional departments of the company (i.e. company, contract, technology and media, data privacy and security, intellectual property, corporate, employment, tax etc.).
● Assisting with the development and implementation of internal company policies and procedures.
● Working with other business functions on a regional scope to develop legal awareness, deliver training, provide legal advice, guidance, assistance in customer claims.
● Supporting corporate secretarial matters between the business functions and company secretary.
● Maintaining a document control system for filing of agreements, documents, correspondences in accordance with the system and other legal administrative tasks.
● Advising and following up on all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations as well as maintaining legal standard and compliance with applicable laws.
● Staying abreast of the developments of local laws and regulations across operating markets.
● Performing any other ad-hoc duties assigned by the company.
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US
● The opportunity to be exposed to different kinds of regional legal work in SEA
● All the perks that comes along with working in a startup and we pay competitively
● Career progression
● Opportunity to travel overseas for work across our operating markets
● Supportive and friendly working environment
● Be part of a fast-growing company that nurtures entrepreneurial nature and wants to unlock the best version of you
● Bachelor’s Degree in Law
● Minimum 1 year of legal working experience in a well-regarded law firm/ in-house (general corporate experience preferred)
● Called to the Bar in Malaysia, UK or equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction
● Good command of written and spoken English, Malay and Mandarin (optional for Mandarin)
● Good legal drafting, reviewing, and negotiation skills
● Good analytical and problem-solving skill
● Fast thinker - able to solve problems and adapt quickly
● Ability to perform independently and a good team player
● Personal traits: positive, good interpersonal skills, collaborative, ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment
100 - 249
As a Digital Marketing Solutions provider across SEA, we are built to steadily innovate and deliver Digital Solutions through our technology powered by AI and digital services to meet increasing local business demand.
Established in 2013, we started as an email marketing optimization provider, and today, we are broadening our business to a larger scale in the Digital Marketing landscape.
With our headquarters in Singapore, our rapid expansion network has spread across SEA countries and is continually growing. Today, with our global resources, local insights & technology infrastructures, led us to operate over in 9 countries - Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Bosnia.
If you’re ready to create the future of digital marketing solutions at a dynamic, fast-growing startup with rapidly expanding possibilities, we’d love to hear from you.
We’ve identified the white space, built the technology,
and executed on a winning Go-To-Market strategy.
Now, it’s time to scale up!
We’re a flexible and fun team, where your good ideas can make an impact!