Technical Support | Hardware System Administrator
microcontroller | firmware | electrical engineer | IoT
Want to tackle plastic pollution? Want to reimagine the way retail is done? Wake up every morning and work on something that truly matters? Join us at Siklus - we're looking for highly talented, inspired, and crazy-smart people to solve some of the biggest challenges of our time.
Siklus is reinventing the future of retail by selling everyday necessities without packaging at a lower cost. Our stationary dispensers are set up in local stores, whereas our mobile dispensers travel through low-income neighborhoods. Customers bring their own containers to purchase refills of consumer products such as oil, shampoo, detergent, and coffee at a discount. We use IoT technology to dispense safely and precisely, to optimize our supply chain, and allow brands to interact with their customers. As such, we are the next, sustainable model of retail.
We ran two successful pilots validating customer demand; formed brand partnerships and pilots with Nestle, P&G, Wings, and Total Chemindo; and closed a pre-seed round with investment from the VC Teja Ventures and prominent angel investors from Gojek’s C-level. Furthermore, we won the Incubation Network's Plastics Data Challenge and made it to Cleantech's 50 to Watch list.
Benefits: On top of your monetary compensation, you will be growing and shaping a company that has the potential to transform the way retail works and make a difference to the environment and people.
Application process: Please send a cover email and CV to email@example.com with the title “Lead embedded systems engineer”
Role: We seek an embedded system engineer to further develop our IoT dispensing technology from the prototype stage to commercialization. The core functionality of our hardware product is to dispense viscous liquids fast and precisely while preventing tampering.
- Lead prototyping and develop further versions of prototypes to increase functionality and reduce costs
- Lead discussions with factories and bring dispensers to commercialization
- Build and lead a team of engineers from scratch
- Coordinate integration of hardware with mobile app
- Bachelor’s degree in embedded systems/electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of microcontrollers and firmware engineering
- Basic knowledge of mechanical/mechatronics engineering
- Min. of 5 years of work experienced with hardware development and prototyping
- Experience with negotiating with factories
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Passionate about impact