600 - 750 SGD
Standard Operating Procedure
A Day in NDR Technician
Applying for a mechanical technician position with NDR Medical will mean that you have a passion in revolutionising our surgical landscape, improving lives of people and the quality of healthcare. We welcome all applicants who share the same values and mission who seeks a challenging yet fruitful career. Responsibilities include operation, repair and maintenance of machineries, CNC machining, devising preventative measures to avoid machine downtime, troubleshoot electrical controls, assembly of electromechanical products and manufacturing of medical simulation phantoms.
- Perform technical handling work and operation of machineries to manufacture electromechanical products and medical phantom (e.g milling, lathe, basic CNC program, electrical installation, basic fitting and maintenance of product)
- Supports initiatives in the product development and manufacturing aspects: e.g R&D designing and manufacturing, quality improvement, service/repair, process improvement, documentations.
- Develop sound understanding of the product designs. Work alongside engineers to focus on ways to improve manufacturing processes by modifying equipment as well as identify and implement potential cost reductions.
- Assist in conducting and ensuring testing specifications of product designs and quality assurance
- Gathers and analyses manufacturing metrics, working closely with engineers to define appropriate process changes to improve efficiency (e.g shorter mean time for repair, fewer downtimes and improved product volume) or unit cost reductions.
- Troubleshooting possible issues arising during manufacturing of electromechanical products and medical phantoms
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; and requesting special services.
- Manufacturing experience in PCBA or system manufacturing, other automated and manual assembly processes.
- Technical skills such as SolidWorks, soldering and 3D Printing
- Assures compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and policies and demonstrates knowledge and understanding of manufacturing practices and all other applicable standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated technical writing skills to update documentation of process flow
- Experience in prototyping using mechanical tooling such as a bandsaw, lathe and drill press
- Prefer candidates to understand clinical/technical applications of surgical products and human anatomy
- People skills to understand cultural differences, adapts quickly, and collaborates effectively
- Good organizational skills
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area, and follows all safety procedures.