4000 - 7500 MYR
Have you hit the 2-3 year mark? Are you ready for the next phase of growth before becoming a Senior Developer?
Comfort Works is essentially a perfect marriage of Design and Technology.
Our mission is to rejuvenate the world's tired homes. Through our platform, we give homeowners the ability to transform and customise their living space, all with a click of a button. Our application of 3D design, content delivery network and web engineering allows us to establish ourselves as the industry leader in the niche of living room fashion and soft-furnishing.
In CW, we design, create, source, prototype, market, package and fulfil everything in-house. We've rejuvenated more than 50,000 living rooms to date. We have begun investing in machine learning commerce and mobile application as part of our future expansion and product architectures.
Our customer and products base are growing rapidly and we need a new site and new technologies to help propel us to the next thing in the e-commerce ecosystem.
We need great, like-minded people to help us further our mission and to join our team of talented folks, who are ambitiously and ridiculously determined to save people from ugly living spaces.
If you like the early stage, we’re in that magic sweet spot. We are not a fad. We are 100% self-funded but have a REAL and PROFITABLE business on a global scale (find out how we did it!)
About this role
We are looking for a forward thinking, front-end loving, budding full stack ninja who is looking for growth. In this role, you will have a chance to put your development skill into redesigning the base of our tech & e-commerce platform as well as explore machine learning as part of our future expansions and product architectures. This position requires you to be working in our kickass Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia office. This is not a remote position.
We generally favour the can-do attitude over hardcore technical skills.
We promote autonomy, proactiveness, sustainability & eco-friendliness in the work that we do.
- Identify, address performance bottlenecks and maintain, upgrade existing e-selling platform
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, production and customer service teams to build tools and automation for scaling up internal operations.
- Participate in creating a new custom-made web shop and backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient.
- Explore machine learning as part of our future expansion and product architectures.
- Uphold team standards for code quality, test coverage, efficiency, optimisation, scalability, security and constantly pushing the bar higher.
If you are an awesome full stack Developer, you already know what we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or the equivalent.
- Well versed with PHP (Object Oriented / MVC) with 2-3 years relevant working experience
- Ninja-like skills with frontend technologies like JS, CSS, JQuery, VueJS.
- Great logic, problem-solving skills (loves strategy games) and data-driven decision making.
- Intermediate level (B1, B2, C1) written and spoken English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with popular analytics services like Google Analytics, MixPanel
- Working knowledge of Prestashop, Magento, Woocommerce, Opencart would be an added advantage.
- Experience with designing and optimising for mobile web and mobile device
- A Github page or similar portfolio of previous work or contribution to open source projects
Benefits, Work Culture & Compensation
- Competitive salary package, medical insurance, and 2 company trips yearly (We've done white water rafting, jungle paintball, escape rooms, flying fox, ATVs)
- Work within a multinational team, from countries like Australia, Poland, Tunisia, Italy, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore & China.
- Working Visa, Accommodation and Return Flight provided for Expats.
- You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day
- A casual working environment with a fully stocked fridge.
- Team lunches and social events such as board games nights, bowling, futsal, online gaming, BBQs by the pool.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to get in touch.
Technical Skill Upgrade
- Work for an awesome CTO who empowers his people.
- Sponsored courses for personal development in Node.js & PHP.
- Cost covered for one work-related conference per year.
Business Skill Upgrade
- Join a team of people who grew a startup from a garage into a PROFITABLE business with NO FUNDING.
- You will be working with cross-functional teams from design, marketing, international sales & customer service, and expose to all business decisions daily.
- Sit in on internal digital marketing, SEO, social, Adwords training classes.
Soft Skill Upgrade
- Be in an environment that will train you to be the best version of yourself.
- Attend creative learning sessions, skill shares and leadership programs
How to Apply:
Resumes are welcome of course but please feel free to include websites, blogs, portfolios, code samples, Github / Bitbucket / GitLab accounts or even just tell us a bit about what you've been working on and why you love it. We love to see people's side projects, hobbies and toys.
Comfort Works aims to breathe new life into living rooms across the globe, and we do this by creating beautiful handmade slipcovers for your old, tired sofas. Every aspect of our operations is done in-house, from web development to online marketing and content creation. To product design and product manufacturing. Nothing is outsourced. We design with the belief that we can live simple and beautiful by trying to revive the hidden potential of our old furniture and doing our part for the planet. Before we knew it, Comfort Works expanded into a huge range of products specializing in IKEA sofa covers, custom furniture slipcovers and other complementary accessories.
Why Join Us?
We believe that a company is truly only as great as the people who embody its mission & goals. We work hard to shape the workday experience of each employee and we believe that success is a team sport. One that requires dedication, inspiration, and passion; and one can never get that without cultivating a culture of trust, mutual respect, empowerment and a dose of awesomeness.
Comfort Worksâ team members make an impact from day one. They have an opportunity to enjoy early responsibilities and be involved in making impactful decisions. Our team is encouraged to use their initiative to shape their roles and keep themselves on track to develop individual expertise. We love DIY Projects, hacking, shopping, discussing great design, collecting quirky items, up-cycling, decorating and re-decorating. Upon being on board you will enjoy an autonomous workflow, development opportunities, training, travel and an environment of like-minded people who donât settle for anything less than doing what they love!
Pursuing growth and learning is one of our core values so expect to brainstorm cutting edge solutions for everyday problems on a daily basis. Imagine having the freedom to propose and execute even your most out-of-the-box ideas.
At Comfort Works, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. Youâll get hands-on experience and support in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way. If you are tired of boring work environments, singular task jobs, and typical "office rules", screw that and join a collaborative environment that's all about innovation.
- A work hard play hard group with solid management and resources.
- Opportunity to learn about e-commerce, online marketing, reputation management, international online customer service, product design and web development.
- Great international workmates from Australia, Poland, China, Indonesia, Japan, Italy, Tunisia, Taiwan, Morocco
- Cool office space with a fully stocked fridge.
- We make pretty things comfort-works.com