4500 - 5500 SGD
Weâre situated in the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore, the Philippines. As such, we serve as a launching pad to bring gumi Inc.âs games to audiences outside of Japan, and also act as an incubator for new games tailor-made for a global audience.
- The Server Developer is responsible for writing server-side mobile application logic in Node.js or any other variants
- Develop and deploy servers for our mobile games
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- To work with Producers, Game Designer, Developers and QAs to deliver weekly or bi-weekly release
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application
- Responsibilities include: System design and planning, features development, tools development, scaling / performance optimization
- Responsible for programming and maintaining gumi Asia’s Mobile Game Servers, using MySQL on Amazon Web Services (ELB/EC2/S3)
- Develop and maintain server-side frameworks, algorithms, debugging & code testing
- Be part of a team of server developers who help set up and maintain Amazon Web Services (EC2 Instances, S3, RDBS, etc.)
- Help implement and maintain RESTful Web APIs
- Designing DB Architecture, DB Normalisation and general server Architectures
- Client/Server integration
- Help manage RDBMS, SQL Queries, Stop procedures and NoSQL
- Work with everyone from QA to system admins to fix bugs and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Experience developing web applications or server-side game back-end using languages such as Node.JS
- Interest in developing a variety of mobile game genres
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of software development methodologies
- Experience working with artists and designers
- Self-directed within a team context
- Enjoys an environment where personal and professional development are encouraged and supported
- Creative, innovative, positive problem solving perspective
- Able to contribute in other areas such as game design
100 - 249
We're situated in the Southeast Asian countries of Singapore & the Philippines. As such, we serve as a launching pad to bring gumi Inc.'s games to audiences outside of Japan, and also act as an incubator for new games tailor-made for a global audience.
What we pursue,
Wow the World! Spark Excitement in Everyone!
Our mission is:
- to offer excitement
- to spread it from Japan to all over the world
- to link our users together
- to strive as one to challenge new things
We offer “Wow!”, “和 (WA: Japanese style)” and “輪 (WA: social network)” to the world.
The spirit in order to achieve our missions.
One Step Beyond
～First to Try, First to Fail, First to Recover～
Each of us never forget our mind to try earlier than anyone else to be one step beyond, so that we can realize anything which has never been accomplished.
Action guide to embody our mind.
Keep on Trying
We bravely continue challenging with the active input of the latest trend and technology.
We always interact with the people around us with pleasant and cheerful attitude, and constructively tackle difficulty.
Unite as One
We take full advantage of our business resources, and collaborate actively not only within a team but also a company and with the outsides.
We completely renewed our company’s mission and logo in order to be bound for the next stage.
We make a new pledge to all of you.