3750000 - 4750000 IDR
administration | finance | accounting | logistics | operations
EngageMedia is looking for the Operations and Logistics Assistant to be based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The Operations and Logistics Assistant works closely with the EngageMedia Finance and Operations team to ensure that the organisation’s finance and administrative systems meet the highest standard. The position also provides logistical support to project managers as needed, and organisational development support to the Organisational Development Manager.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, with the title "Operations and Logistics Assistant.” Applications will be assessed on a first come, first served basis.
The aims of the position are to assist the Operations and Logistics Team by
- providing timely finance and administrative support to the Finance and Operations team;
- supporting the Indonesia office to function effectively;
- providing logistical support for projects;
- supporting organisational development efforts.
- The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12 month full time (5 days a week) contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
- Salary range is 3.75 - 4.75m rupiah per month dependent on skills and experience.
- A monthly communications allowance and health allowance are provided.
How to Apply
- Send an application letter in English expressing your interest in the position (maximum 300 words).
- Provide a current CV in English and include two references.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible, with the title "Operations and Logistics Assistant.”
- All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Engagemedia uses the power of video, the internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements in challenging social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, moving people to action.
- Assisting in compiling documents and receipts for financial report to funders.
- Responsible for collecting and filing non-salary invoices, receipts, and documents both on- and off-line.
- Responsible for preparing payment request and reimbursement documents.
- Assisting in petty cash tracking, reporting, and filing hard documents.
- Entering data into our internal system (Redmine)
- Responsible for business travel preparation for office staff and consultants.
- Responsible for inventory/assets management. Coordinating the purchase of equipment as necessary.
- Providing logistical support for daily office operations.
- Organising the printing of materials.
Program Related Support
- Responsible for assisting the program team in preparing workshop and meetings logistics for project staff, consultant, and project participants, including travel and accommodations, booking, meals arrangement, participant communications, visas, and other requirements coordination.
- Assist the Program Team with the Cash Advance process, from preparation to reporting.
- Assisting in taking minutes of meeting at weekly stand up and finance meeting.
- Coordinating postage requirements, including the collection and dispatch of correspondence and distribution materials such as DVDs.
- Responsible for tracking and updating the due dates for funder reports, contract renewals, and position reviews.
- Responsible for the input of all EngageMedia due dates, events, holidays, milestones, etc., ensuring these are recorded in our internal calendar system.
- Photocopying and scanning documents.
Organisational Development Support
- Assisting in developing the knowledge management system of EngageMedia.
- Assisting in developing learning and development toolkits and guidelines for staff.
- Assisting in the talent outreach and engagement program.
- Recording and documenting tasks in an efficient manner, ensuring accurate and timely communication with Management and EngageMedia staff.
- Bringing your passions and creative interests to the organisation and assisting us in evolving the organisational culture, our expertise, and our knowledge.
- Communicating respectfully and courteously with other members of EngageMedia at all times, ensuring you listen to, are understanding of, and receptive to other people's opinions.
- Ensuring all work is conducted and delivered according to the processes, standards, technical and management system, and deadlines required by EngageMedia.
- Complying with EngageMedia's Policies and Procedures.
- Performing other tasks as requested by management that relate to the position aims.
- Contributing to a productive and well-managed working environment for all staff and consultants.
Work Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years working experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit organisation is preferred.
- Experience working in a leadership body of a student organisation is valuable.
- Experience working in a startup organisation is valuable.
- Experience in arranging business travel is a plus.
- Computing skills – experience with office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong time management and self-organisation skills.
- Conversational level English (or above).
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A commitment to social justice and environmental issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Optimistic and positive outlook.
- Self-starter; able to take responsibility and initiative for managing their own work and coordinating with others.
- Respectful at all times.
- Sound work ethic.
- Experience in communication for the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent writing skills in Indonesian across a range of media.