Altonomy is a leading cryptocurrency trading, advisory and asset management firm. The company is the first dedicated sell-side trading desk that provides institutional-grade OTC trading, advisory and asset management services for the crypto market.
Altonomy is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to be an integral part of the finance and operations team to design and develop the necessary processes in order to deliver high quality insights that enable Altonomy to improve decision making processes and resource allocation company-wide.
The Operations Manager will work closely with senior executives including the Founder, Head of Trading and COO to design, develop and deliver financial and operational analytics. This position will ensure strategic and tactical business decisions are informed by data-driven insights.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual P&L reconciliation and reporting
- Lead settlements and clearance of financial transactions
- Work with Ops vendors to ensure timely execution and accurate reporting
- Set up risk management policies, procedures and parameters; responsible for staff training and communication; audit on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- The individual will be expected to support the entire trading lifecycle from front to back
- Develop relationships with management to gain a deep understanding of the business and identify opportunities to influence business decisions
- 2-5 years working experience in Operations and/or Finance roles, preferably in Financial Services or Technology startups
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field preferred
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large raw data sets
- Experience in cryptocurrency-related firms or projects would be a plus
- Detail oriented and comfortable dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Being able to deliver results at the highest standard under tight deadline
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and organized
- Must be a team player with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Prior knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrencies would be beneficial
- Proficient with Excel and Google Sheets
- Prior experience with accounting software like Xero would be a plus