3500 - 7000 MYR
Who We Are:
Comfort Works aims to breathe new life into all of the world’s living room; we do it by creating beautiful, handmade slipcovers that rejuvenate old and tired sofas. Every aspect of our operation is done in-house: from envelope design to web development to product manufacturing, nothing is outsourced.
Comfort Works’ team members make an impact from day one: they have an opportunity to enjoy early responsibilities and be involved in making impactful decisions. The team is encouraged to use their initiative to shape their roles and keep themselves on track to develop individual expertise. Upon being on board you will enjoy an autonomous workflow, development opportunities, training, travel and an environment of like-minded people who don’t settle for anything less than doing what they love.
Why Join Us?
Pursuing growth and learning is one of our core values so expect to brainstorm cutting edge solutions for everyday problems on a daily basis. Imagine having the freedom to propose and execute even your most out-of-the-box ideas. You’ll get hands-on experience and support in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way. If you are tired of boring work environments, singular task jobs, and typical "office rules"; Screw that and join a collaborative environment that's all about innovation.
And since we consider ourselves a start-up: How could we not have a pingpong table (rarely functions as one), one single bean bag, a somewhat-loaded fridge and 4 types of coffee stocked in the pantry along with a complex coffee machine (which no one knows how to use) to keep your enthusiasm in overdrive.
- We aren’t about benefits and perks, so if you are looking for a 9-5, stable routine role — this position isn’t one for you.
- We are a team with very diverse backgrounds, experiences and ethnicities; we expect you to be a bit quirky yet hold yourself to a very high standard of work.
- The usual office culture and local companies code of conduct do NOT exist here.
- Our values include:
- Striving for excellence in everything we do.
- Focusing on outcomes rather than the hours spent in the office.
- Picking up slack and workload of others wherever we're able to contribute.
- Proactively and consistently making things better.
- Continuous pursuit of learning as part of personal and professional growth.
- Staying open-minded and curious. (We test, measure and experiment everything we do). If you don’t like your work criticised, it’s not gonna work out well for you.
- Fostering a positive and family-like team spirit. Getting things right the first time round (so we don't have to go back and fix it)
- We make pretty things comfort-works.com
Comfort Works is essentially a perfect marriage of Design and Technology.
Our mission is to rejuvenate the world's tired homes. Through our platform, we give homeowners the ability to transform and customize their living space, all with a click of a button. Our application of 3D design, content delivery network and web engineering allows us to establish ourselves as the industry leader in the niche of living room fashion and soft-furnishing.
In CW, we design, create, source, prototype, market, package and fulfil everything in-house. We've rejuvenated more than 50,000 living rooms to date, and we have begun investing in machine learning commerce and mobile application as part of our future expansion and product architectures.
Our customer base and product runway are growing rapidly and we need new technologies and new visuals to help propel us to the next thing in the e-commerce ecosystem. We need great, like-minded people to help us further our mission and to join our team of talented folks, who are ambitiously and ridiculously determined to save people from ugly living spaces.
About this role
We looking to hire a Senior and a Junior 3D Visualiser to join our existing 3D team at this exciting time of expansion. The ideal candidate is an ARTIST and a PERFECTIONIST. The fact that you have ninja-like skills for 3D is a coincidence. You have an eye for design and a great appreciation of interior design. You have strong modelling and texturing skills particularly in furniture, architecture, or environment design. In this role, you will have a chance to experiment and push your skills to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a work-hard-play-hard group with solid management and resources. We are the close-knit team from all across the world, and we pride ourselves on our design philosophy and work culture. We have an excellent staff retention rate and promote a healthy work/life balance. We generally favor the can-do attitude over hardcore technical skills. We offer flexible working hours, ongoing professional development, and collaborative casual workshop style office.
This position required you to be working in our kickass Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia office. This is not a remote position.
- Play a key role in the company’s visual design of new products.
- Design and create visual assets in any of the following areas: Photorealistic 3D modelling, texturing, mapping, lighting/shading working independently.
- Creating photorealistic fabric textures tiles.
- Support web design and campaign development across various digital channels including social media and PR activities.
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in 3ds MAX, Adobe CS, experience with Marvelous Designer/ FStorm/ v-Ray, Substance Designer is a plus.
- Photorealistic lighting, environment and rendering skills.
- 3D camera tracking/ compositing experience is an asset.
- Can clearly communicate technical data to non-technical colleagues in English.
- Organised, goal and attention to details orientated.
Nice to have
- Any film production experience, architecture & interior design background will be given priority.
- Desires to work cross-discipline and take on tasks outside your usual skill set
Benefits, Work Culture & Compensation
- Competitive salary package, medical insurance, and 2 company trips yearly (We've done white water rafting, jungle paintball, escape rooms, flying fox, ATVs)
- Work within a multinational team, from countries like Australia, Poland, Tunisia, Italy, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore & China.
- Working Visa, Accommodation and Annual Return Flight provided for Expats.
- You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day
- The office is within walking distance from MRT station.
- A casual working environment with a fully stocked fridge.
- Team lunches and social events such as board games nights, bowling, futsal, online gaming, BBQs by the pool.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to get in touch.
A link to the sample of your work should be indicated on your CV.
Comfort Works aims to breathe new life into living rooms across the globe, and we do this by creating beautiful handmade slipcovers for your old, tired sofas. Every aspect of our operations is done in-house, from web development to online marketing and content creation. To product design and product manufacturing. Nothing is outsourced. We design with the belief that we can live simple and beautiful by trying to revive the hidden potential of our old furniture and doing our part for the planet. Before we knew it, Comfort Works expanded into a huge range of products specializing in IKEA sofa covers, custom furniture slipcovers and other complementary accessories.
Why Join Us?
We believe that a company is truly only as great as the people who embody its mission & goals. We work hard to shape the workday experience of each employee and we believe that success is a team sport. One that requires dedication, inspiration, and passion; and one can never get that without cultivating a culture of trust, mutual respect, empowerment and a dose of awesomeness.
Comfort Worksâ team members make an impact from day one. They have an opportunity to enjoy early responsibilities and be involved in making impactful decisions. Our team is encouraged to use their initiative to shape their roles and keep themselves on track to develop individual expertise. We love DIY Projects, hacking, shopping, discussing great design, collecting quirky items, up-cycling, decorating and re-decorating. Upon being on board you will enjoy an autonomous workflow, development opportunities, training, travel and an environment of like-minded people who donât settle for anything less than doing what they love!
Pursuing growth and learning is one of our core values so expect to brainstorm cutting edge solutions for everyday problems on a daily basis. Imagine having the freedom to propose and execute even your most out-of-the-box ideas.
At Comfort Works, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. Youâll get hands-on experience and support in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way. If you are tired of boring work environments, singular task jobs, and typical "office rules", screw that and join a collaborative environment that's all about innovation.
- A work hard play hard group with solid management and resources.
- Opportunity to learn about e-commerce, online marketing, reputation management, international online customer service, product design and web development.
- Great international workmates from Australia, Poland, China, Indonesia, Japan, Italy, Tunisia, Taiwan, Morocco
- Cool office space with a fully stocked fridge.
- We make pretty things comfort-works.com